Snowflake Wall Quilt

I’m participating in a 6 part swap on IG, our partner isn’t revealed until the craft time is over so we are supposed to make items we like based on each prompt. The first one was Fabric so I used my favourite scrappy appliqué technique to make the snowflake and quilted it to snowflake fabric.

I don’t usually bind with the same fabric but thought white was too stark and didn’t want to introduce a different blue, so went with matching, to give the illusion of an undefined end, like a snowstorm.

In the Snapshot thread several people saw a different image than a snowflake.

Six different white fabrics in the snowflake.

I think the back is adorable …

22 Likes

What a fun springy back for a cool winter front! Thank you for the close up, I didn’t realize the snowflake was made from a variety of white fabrics until I saw that shot. I love your scrappy appliqué pieces, this came out great!

3 Likes

Very pretty!

3 Likes

Thanks for giving this its own thread and showing us the details we hadn’t seen before. Like AudiobookLover, I hadn’t noticed the multiple fabrics in the snowflake. And what a fun flip side! I love that one birdie pair is right in the exact center, and that another bird is looking toward the center.

3 Likes

I had hoped the separate whites would show up better. A single colour isn’t the best for this style.

3 Likes

All I see, even after reading what so many others saw, is a snowflake. :person_shrugging: This is a great little quilty piece!

3 Likes

I planned the center bird but didn’t realize how the quilting would frame it.

2 Likes

It turned out lovely! Seeing all those pieced whites…such a nice scrappy detail! I also love the back and how the quilting framed the two center birds!

Whoever gets this will get such a pretty mini quilt!

2 Likes

Super cute, front & back! I like the subtle fractured looking white pieces, like ice. I see the dancers but I had to really look for them.

2 Likes

Ooo! I love the scrappiness of the snowflake! Great contrast with the background fabric.

2 Likes

I agree, the scrappiness of the snowflake is lovely. I also think you made the right decision with the binding.

1 Like

:star: :snowflake: :thread: Congratulations! Your scrap-tastic Snowflake wall quilt is a Featured Project this week! :thread: :snowflake: :star:

2 Likes

This is lovely! And so beautifully sewn!

1 Like

Beautiful fabric choices! And your scrappy technique is so cool.

1 Like