SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Ohhhh i know what i want to say here… lol

4 Likes

Well, what projects do you want to do whilst things are in storage? If it’s socks, then buy new.

Also, storage - whilst it’s there, it kinda isn’t your stash :wink:

3 Likes

No, I’m nearly there…

But before this pair it’s been a while since I finished any socks. I lost my sock mojo for a bit.

6 Likes

I love these duck socks!

2 Likes

Hooray! Quackers!

3 Likes

Officially finished and posted:

Husband wanted me to add claws, but I can’t think of a good way to do it. They just need a good wash before going to their new home. My cousin is allergic to cats and there’s a non zero amount of cat in these quackers.

4 Likes

Day eleventy-billion,
Dear diary,
I have not forgotten about the socks. On the contrary, we sit together at some point every day and pointedly ignore each other. I’m currently blaming the color of the yarn, which isn’t fair, it’s my 14 hour days with no breaks that are killing my mojo (but, also, the yarn is kind of weird. I’m finding it “too fleshy” now which is off-putting to even think nevermind knit. Lol)
Perhaps the socks will get tired of waiting and knit themselves. Stranger things have happened.

Signed,
Tirrrrred.

5 Likes

I am not wild about the color I picked either…

2 Likes

I feel like I knew when I bought it that I felt meh about it but was too high on the idea of a sockalong Right.Now! that I plowed right over those feelings.
I mean, it isnt terrrrrrible, but it isnt great.

2 Likes

Haha…well that’s more than I’m doing with my 2nd sock. It’s still just a toe and very “out of sight out of mind” right now. I will pick it up again! But prob not today or tomorrow…or the day after that. :laughing:

4 Likes

I have finished another sock I want to share! This one was a fun and quick toe-up, with the after-thought heel. That was a new heel to me, but it was a nice one. Fits good. Only problem is the kitchener stitch when sewing it together. Havent got the hang of it just yet.
Its a very pink sock. Now I just need to make the other!

If you think it looks difficult I can say its a piece of cake. I found the pattern on a swedish blog, but it is two rows of color 1, and then with color 2 you knit two rows, but every 6th (so 5 stitches in between) you lift one stitch. Thus you get the stripes.

9 Likes

Well done, you!

2 Likes

I love that pattern…looks like a fun knit!

2 Likes

It was! And so fast! Much faster then when I knit socks for my best friend, but that might have to do with different feet size! :joy:

2 Likes

Oh, hey there.

All you craftalong-ers check out the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge! You don’t need to make something new to join in, you just have to (finally) share the things you’ve made already! WHAT!?

1 Like

That’s fabulous @skrutt! very snazzy!!

2 Likes

Ok, everyone, it is the end of the quarter for this sockalong…if anyone has any last minute posts to get another ticket for the drawing, you have until Midnight April 3!!

I will draw a name for a prize!

3 Likes

Weeeeee!!

2 Likes

In a shocking plot-twist no one saw coming I actually worked up 4 rounds on The Sock this afternoon. It has been all over town all week, keeping me company in the evenings, and sleeping on my bedside table. Finally, finally, I actually picked it up.

Maybe I’ll turn that heel yet. Lol

8 Likes

Woohoo!! I had faith in this plot twist. :wink:

3 Likes