SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Can’t see any mistakes from here…they look perfect!

3 Likes

I figured out my heel flap problem. I’d like to say it was from too many margaritas, but alas and alack, no. Just plain ol’ distracted tired-brain.

I was trying to turn the heel on the last 10 stitches of the row. Yup. Don’t try to picture it, it will hurt your brain.

I’m unpicking now. Film at 11… :yarn:

4 Likes

This just in: We have a heel and a completed “Week 2.”

Finally!

8 Likes

I admire your persistence! It looks good!

2 Likes

Thank you! I am determined to get this pair finished before June. I have my old Christmas in July socks to think about here! Lol

2 Likes

:alarm_clock: :fly: :fly: :fly: TIME FLIES WHEN YOU’RE MAKING THINGS :yarn: :scroll: :sewing_needle: :art: :birthday:

We’ve just over a day and a half until the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge closes! I just know some of you have made some socks that you have not given their own topic. Please share with us before Midnight on April 19 2023, US Pacific Time.

PeekChallengeApril2023

1 Like

Thank you, Linda!!! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

@skrut has picked some awesome patterns on Ravelry for her prize! Can’t wait to see her lovely creation on LettuceCraft!

5 Likes

Your sock is looking awesome, @AntBee! Can’t wait to see what you do with that lovely painted yarn, too.

I cast on socks for DS2 based on that sport sock pattern. It didn’t have kid sizes, so I just did the math…got confused at the heel, but somehow managed to make it work? We’ll see. He’s got skinny legs, so I did ribbing for the length of it - it stretches a lot.

Can I rant a little? I was at SIL’s yesterday for a family celebration, and I brought the sock to work on to distract from the overwhelm of the noise of 25 people in the same open floor plan. SIL’s MIL asked what I was working on (socks for DS2) and then proceeded to ask won’t he just outgrow them, can’t you just buy socks at a store… I just rolled my eyes after she walked away, didn’t respond to that. Why are people like this? And she used to have an embroidery business! My kids are some of the most knit-worthy people I know…they love just about everything I make for them, especially socks. sigh

5 Likes

It looks really good!

If it was just about buying stuff, none of us would be here on this forum…it is the process…the effort, the time, the love, the care, the creativity, the uniqueness…some people will never get it…

Your son will love them and cherish them…they are not mass produced and meant to be thrown out but worn with care and love as long as they last.

4 Likes

Ditto this. And I think one of the most “full of proof of love” projects is socks. They get worn out if not grown out. If putting in your life force to something that is supposed to wear out and not last forever isnt love manifested than I don’t know what love is.

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: people.
That sock looks awesome. There’s nothing like wrapping yourself up in mama’s love, from head to toe if you can manage it!

3 Likes

Thanks! I like how it’s coming out, too. This yarn (just wool) is so springy, and has such a nice roundness to it (tight 3-ply). It’s just been so long since I’ve heard any negativity towards crafting. Caught me off guard.

3 Likes

I can help with that plan … did you actually think I’d never find this thread :cricket:

4 Likes

It fits! I shall make a second. Bonus: the first sock was only 20g, and I have 25g left in the skein! I tried the German twisted long tail cast on, and really like it. Thanks for the tip, @AntBee!

7 Likes

I finished the pair. They’re not quite the same, but that’s okay. My copy of The Sock Knitting Bible arrived yesterday, and I’ll be reading through that before I attempt another pair (I just cast-on a cardigan last night, so it will be a while before I need a small project to break up the monotony.)

8 Likes

That was fast! Well done. :socks::socks:

I am about to start the second sleeve on Kidlet’s sweater so once that’s done I will return to my lingering sock project.

4 Likes

Woohoo!!

@AntBee I actually did 2 rows on my 2nd sock last week before setting it aside again…in a more accessible place at least? I will pick it up again soon! The days of knitting in the backyard while kids play is approaching…

4 Likes

They’re sport-weight, and he’s small… It makes for a quick sock. The pair is only 40g!

4 Likes

Yesssss! :house_with_garden::playground_slide::yarn:

1 Like