SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

Thank you, @AIMR , for starting the sockalong!! :heart:

I’m joining! Got some wool, got DPNs (I really don’t get along with the Magic Loop option!) and also have hooks, so am planning some crocheted socks, too!

Utter beginner for socks! YAY!

2020 - year of the sock!! :rofl: :grin:

3 Likes

I mostly love my old bamboo sock double points. I use four instead of three since it seems to help me with the heel.

I also have Addi turbo sock rockets for plainer socks…fast and smooth.

I am about an inch into the body of a sock and will take a progress pic…

I have three yarn projects going…socks, a cowl and snowflakes…plus two quilts…been a bit busy!

3 Likes

Yay indeed!! You might get a new addiction :smile:

Lol! That is quite busy!

2 Likes

I made some flipflop sock out of Hikoo Cobasi yarn. The co is 55% cotton the ba is bamboo and the si is 8% silk. Has some elastic in it too! It was really affordable and I love them. I wear flip flops all summer so they suit my lifestyle well…but not wool ones. I would never get them clean. I might need another pair! Lol

2 Likes

Do you have a particular pattern you use? I had a book with a pattern but I believe I gave the book away to a friend who wanted to knit socks…

1 Like

Think I got some Hikoo Cobasi yarn in a swap… Not sure if it was here or Ravelry though … never thought to use it for socks… would that work?

1 Like

I love the yarn…the stitches really show up nicely…does it have weight on it? Socks can be made from any kind of yarn, depending on how thick you like them…LimeRiot sent me a pattern link to shorty socks made of worsted weight…kinda like house socks/slippers, but great with clogs or looser casual shoes…

1 Like

Think it’s 4ply. So ok for socks (most patterns on Rav seem to be for 4 ply).

2 Likes

I do! Its a free one, too! Which gives it bonus points in my book.

3 Likes

I got mine in a craftster swap, too! LOL I never would have picked it up myself but so glad I got to become familiar with it. Its such a great price.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to work up my cousin’s yoga socks gift with this simple free pattern I have done once before. Like AIMR I am juggling a bunch of WiPs so I want to do something not too strenuous until I clear some of the docket here.

I think my next pair will be for meeeeeeeee. :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh those are pretty nice! I could wear those with flip flops …

2 Likes

Definitely. And depending on the yarns you use they could have some nice different looks. The last pair I made was in a pale sagey green for a friend looking to “calm the eff down and focus” (lol) and the next pair will be in a fiery orangey color for a cousin looking to amp up her practice.

3 Likes

In progress shot…

6 Likes

The sockhead hat that I just finished? Yeah…puppy found it.

I am ready to start my socks now.

4 Likes

oh no!!! Yep…puppy…I know that pattern (I have two WIPS!)…it was long and repetitive…is there no way to save it? Close up the loose loops and patch with some fleece cut into a nice shape? It is so lovely…

I have a kitten that has chewed through my working yarn so I have a few more knots than I wanted in my new shawl…

1 Like

Oh nooooo!! :grimacing:

That’s a great idea to save it with a patch @AIMR!

1 Like

Ill be able to fix it. But not yet. Its too fresh of a would. Lol

3 Likes

@smileyyogini Oh no! Pets do have a way of putting their own finishing touches on projects, don’t they?

I had to give up knitting with straight needles (not socks obviously) after living with a cat who liked to grab the end of the right hand needle, pull it out of the stitches, and run off with it whenever I was trying to have a relaxing evening of handwork.

4 Likes

How is everybody doing?

I just turned the heel and am ready to do the gussett on my sock…it should be smooth sailing from there…the heel was a simple sl 1, knit 1 …the yarn is striping nicely…of course, the most boring part is coming up…the foot!

5 Likes