SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

I started small all the way and the sock is way too big. It slouches down and I should have stopped about an inch before my arch started…the heel decreases were longer than I thought.

I made notes to go down a needle size (I know I don’t knit as tight!). But, for this pair, I will follow the small instructions to get a matching pair to gift.

The next pair will be much better!

3 Likes

I do feel like the foot of the sock looks super long now…guess we’ll see how it fits! I will probably wear them no matter what, lol.

2 Likes

They are super comfy for wearing with slippers around the house…I think if they fit tighter on me, I would feel the inside bumpy cables! I hate wearing any kind of socks, but, sometimes, it does get cold for a day or two. Plus, all that work…dang it, wear those socks! ha ha

3 Likes

Wash them, dry them, make them shrink!

1 Like

They are superwash wool…no shrinkage… :frowning_face:

There’s nothing worse than cardboardy stiff over-fulled socks anyhow. I shrunk a pair the other day, unwearble! Who makes socks that can’t be laundered?!

1 Like

Puppeteers? Lol

1 Like

I added a bunch of small circular needles I got for knitting 2 at a time socks over in the Use it or Lose it thread if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

I don’t know enough (anything) about knitting…
I have these:

32" US size 1.5. The ladies at the LYS recommended them. I don’t know what to expect… they are the kind of knitters who dismiss crochet so we didn’t hit it off. Do you think I’ve got the right stuff?

2 Likes

32” sounds long… @AIMR ??

1 Like

I wanted to make toe up 2 at a time. Because I’d never make a 2nd sock after the first, ha!

2 Likes

Looks right to me. The extra length will either be nice or annoying but you won’t know until you try it (it might be nice for parking your second sock or it might be cumbersome to manage).

1 Like

You definitely need long wires to do two at a time…you are basically making two circulars out of one.

1.5 is very small, but makes for a very tight knit. My favorite pair of needles is a 1.

Maybe for one of the sockalongs we can do a two at a time pair…let me see what I have in patterns. I would be willing to try again (as my one purple cabled sock sits in a basket for over a week now…) ha

2 Likes

The yarn & needles together cost over $45, these better be the nicest socks I’ve ever seen :laughing:
What was I thinking? lol, crafters!

2 Likes

I’m right there with you! I bought $38 in yarn for my sockalong socks and I am pretending I don’t notice the nice socks I see out there for $12 all made and cozy while my first sock languishes on the needles! Hahaha

2 Likes

Looks good for two at the time/magic loop. I think my cable is even longer, but 80 cm is good! 2,5 mm sounds reasonable for thinner sock yarn. You want a dense, tight fabric for durable socks. Is that Chiaogoo? They are really good for magic loop with a cable that will behave. Lace = probably pretty sharp tips. Useful for knitting several stitches together/advanced lace, but could get frustrating with a splitty yarn.

I disliked magic loop the first time I tried, but I didn’t have the right tools. The cable fought me every step of the way :joy:

I’ve started the center icord.

6 Likes

Nice!

I think I got back to where my one cable went wrong, but now I’m afraid to restart! Going to watch the video again and go for it later today. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

You’ve got this!

2 Likes

Well I think I fixed the cable. Either way I’m pushing ahead!

8 Likes

Looks good…and now that I see your cable, I think I screwed up mine…but I am calling it done. I hope to cast on the second one this weekend!

2 Likes