SOCKALONG with me - Knit, Crochet, Loom

I am also re-arranging the stitches…it will make it easier to do the cables!

Your sock is looking great! I keep telling myself that the second sock will fly by now that we have worked out the kinks here! GO TEAM! I hope to have at least part of the leg done this weekend to show!

4 Likes

Leaving 1-2 stitches on the left-hand needle while trying to cable is just silly!

3 Likes

It sure is! I do the first one as instructed to make sure I am getting the pattern and then move at least five or six stitches over so the cable pattern is “in the middle”…it goes way faster.

Hey…makes us sound like experienced sock knitters, doesn’t it? ha ha ha

5 Likes

Yesss! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We have decent looking cables!!! No idea why these look grey…they are a lovely shade of purple in real life…my phone camera is using some sort of yellow light…yellow and purple=muddy grey!

The stitch marker is there to help me know when I am on the first needle… :grin:

8 Likes

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

At least they are curving…not sure if I am counting the knit rows accurately or if I am knitting some tighter than others…I think once they are blocked, things will even out! I have a stitch counter but usually always resort to the old pen and paper method of tracking…but thanks…I am enjoying the process and the meditative knitting!

3 Likes

It looks really good!
I’m looking forward to catching up to you guys a bit. Of course I have giant feet so it might be when you two cycle back around on sock 2! :joy:
Hopefully I stay awake tonight. It was so nice out today (nearly 60F!) so we were outside from 10:30 to 4:30 walking at a zoo and playing… I’m ready for a nap after all that fresh air!

2 Likes

I panicked when I bought the yarn so I got two skeins without reading how much yardage was in each. I will have plenty to finish the second sock, so I am going to use the extra skein to start on some mitts to match!

I am looking forward to trying the bamboo sock yarn I purchased as well…hey, a pair of socks each quarter is a good goal, especially when everyone has packed schedules of other things to do!

We hit almost 77 degrees today! Hubby had to dig out his shorts to go shopping! Sounds like you spent a great day with your little one!

3 Likes

I bought 2 as well but I might actually need to break into the second one if the pattern yardage matches my usage. When I bought it the lovely lady who owns the shop said, “and if you don’t need it you can just come return it.” And somehow we both didn’t just laugh manically at the thought of actually not hoarding the yarn.
Although if I don’t break into it I might just return it to keep the yarn stash goals on point.

We’ll see. Gotta make 2 socks first…

3 Likes

Just wanted you to know there is a mistake in the written pattern for dec before making the cuff.

The 3rd needle should have a K1 after the second K2tog. When you are done, you should have p2’s and k2’s all around evenly to start the ribbing.

I just checked and it has been corrected, so make sure you did not print out WEEK 3 on the day it came out.

4 Likes

Hahaha…of course you printed it out right away!

Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

One sock done! And, even though I made the smallest size, it is too big for my feet. I’ll finish the other one and then put them in my gift box… :grin:

9 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Those are so lovely Linda!

1 Like

About an inch from end of the lesson- i’ll be heading to heel turns soon!

7 Likes

I started the applied icord last night. I decided to do both side toes as one long icord, so I grafted the heel stitches instead of leaving them live.

5 Likes

Woohoo!!!

Everyone is making great progress! I’m still going backwards. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m in that oh-so-useful indecision/stall stage of a project where I think it’s actually ready for the next step but it doesn’t line up with the pattern so mayyyybe I’m wrong. Like here my toe/foot feels like it fits when I try it on but it isn’t as long as the pattern calls for so I’m second guessing myself/my eye.

So, that’s helpful. :roll_eyes:

I think I’m gonna trust the foot and go ahead and start lesson 2 today. Wish me luck.

2 Likes

When I was at your point I think I switched from a size small to medium for that exact reason, lol. I’m a size 7 so should have been med from the start, I’m not sure why I started out as a small.

2 Likes