Sour gummy worms!

Made with foam hair curlers and the most annoying yarn I’ve ever worked with.

Hopefully they are well received at the craft show!

35 Likes

Hair curlers? How clever! The yarn looks very plush and it is the perfect color scheme…sorry it was a pain!

3 Likes

They are ADORABLE !!!

3 Likes

Gosh, these are cute.

1 Like

So, so cute. I bet they sell fast!

2 Likes

These are perfect.

1 Like

I love the photo and the worms themselves are both clever and cute!

1 Like

I recognize that yarn…I think you did pick a good yarn as they have that sort of “powdered sugar” look to it like the gummys! How fun!

1 Like

These are adorable. The yarn may have been annoying, but it’s absolutely perfect in color and texture for these little guys!

3 Likes

These are adorable and I love that you used curlers in them to make them bendable. I am sure they will sell quick. They are so unique and fun! I’d have to sell them in pairs. They look like they need friends!

3 Likes

Adorable!!! They match up to the actual gummy worms really well and I love the little eyes!

3 Likes

These are really cute! I love hair curler idea- so clever!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh they’re awesome!!!

1 Like

:zap: :bulb: :dizzy: WOOHOO!!! Your awesome craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :zap: :bulb: :dizzy:

2 Likes

Favorite flavor: yellow and red (pink) combo!

3 Likes

Adorable! What sweet little worms! I’m sure they will be a hit. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

These are so cute :heart_eyes: !!! I love them so much :slight_smile: The colours are awesome, too! How did you make them? Are the hairculers under the yarn, or were they used in the “making of” and then discarded?

1 Like

so cute! wouldn’t have thought to use hair foam rollers.

2 Likes

I like the blue and pink best. Red/yellow is a close second.

I make a ring of 6sc, increase around to make 12sc, and then 11 rounds. Then I change colors, and make 7 rounds in the new color. Next I (inc, sc) around to get 18 and do 3 more rounds of 18. I decrease the same way (dec, sc) and stop to add eyes and insert the curler. It’s a flexible wire coated in foam, so it’s not going to poke out with normal use. Add a little stuffing to fill out the head and decrease around to get 6 sc. I like to put just a little more stuffing on the top of the head before sewing the hole closed.

1 Like