Starry and Bookish Bookmarks

“She says nothing at all, but simply stares upward into the dark sky and watches, with sad eyes, the slow dance of the infinite stars.” - Neil Gaiman (Stardust)

I used wood bookmark blanks for these little skyscapes. The paint is craft-grade acrylics and a super-fine tip Posca pen. The tassels are cotton yarn in shades close to the paint colors.

I just picked some random and thoughtful quotes about books and reading to finish them off. The longer quotes went on the backs so as not to completely obscure the paintings, but the shorter quotes didn’t cover too much, and so went on top.

The package of blanks was pretty big, so I’ll probably be making more of these - I never seem to have enough bookmarks (and if I’m not the only one with this problem, they might make nice gifts, too).

29 Likes

These are awesome!! The space paintings and the quotes go so nice together!

1 Like

Love the purple galaxy theme, just gorgeous!

2 Likes

The tree silhouettes against the starry skies! YEY! These are lovely.

2 Likes

These are so ethereal and pretty. Live the colors you chose.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m more than a little obsessed with stargazing and all things astronomical. And it’s the only thing I can really paint, lol.

1 Like

I read the Sagan quote in Carl’s voice. :ringer_planet::crescent_moon::star:

2 Likes

So beautiful, both the painting and the quotes!

1 Like

Thank you!

Lovely idea and execution. I’m sure they will be useful and well received gifts, if you make more. (Unless they are like my son who has been known to use another book as a bookmark because it was there and he was too lazy to go get an actual bookmark).

1 Like

These are gorgeous! Such depth! And I love the trees as well. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I love them!

1 Like

Thank you!

These turned out beautifully!

1 Like

Thank you! I need to make more - I’ve been collecting good quotes. :smile:

These are beautiful! You did a great job of balancing the colorful sky against the black night sky and perfectly coordinating the colors in the tassels. Each bookmark is a mini work of art!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

:mountain_snow: :medal_sports: Congratulations! This stand out project is featured this week! :medal_sports: :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Such lovely bookmarks! I think that books always make great gifts, and having a beautiful bookmark tucked inside makes it even more special!

2 Likes