Starry buttons

I had a stash of buttons to work with and after @Magpie’s suggestion of this I decided to try it.

I started with this and added all my buttons with hot glue to get this. I used about four sticks of glue and a quarter of my buttons to get it all filled in.

The contact paper started to fall off so I ditched it
I spray painted it gold at @BigMamma83’s house since she had the paint, and used about three coats.

I wasn’t liking the little strings left behind by the glue gun so I added black paint, silver glitter, and plastic rhinestones to get the final product. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it yet.

18 Likes

It came out so pretty!

2 Likes

Ooh, that is so gorgeous!

1 Like

Niiice! @sheepBlue, look what you inspired!

2 Likes

That turned out great! It’s an awesome way to bust some random whimsy/button stash! :wink:

1 Like

This is has me wondering if I could use my seashells in a similar manor? I’ve made my fill of seashell jewelry

Maybe put it in a frame, and take out the glass - the whole thing will be supported with the frame, but it will be touchable and you won’t miss out on any of the texture.

I love your solutioning. The star paint is also on target.

@geekgirl - did you see this?

1 Like

This is great!!

Great use of the buttons it came out lovely.

So many buttons!
Looks great!

Great use of buttons, and the paint job is amazing :smiley: the combination of blue and gold is wonderful

What a fun project and a great way to use up some of your buttons! I really like the contrasting colors between the star and the button background.