Stashbusting gloves

We are currently not staying in our house for about 4-6 months, almost all of my stash is in storage. But to make sure I didn’t get withdrawal symptoms, I filled a backpack and a knitting bag with WIPs, UFO’s and some scraps that needed to be used up.

This pretty blue and pink yarn had been in my stash for a while. I’m not sure where it comes from, it may have been a gift. It’s labelled as a sock yarn, and I love knitting socks, but as it’s a bit bulkier than most sock yarn, one ball isn’t enough for a pair of socks. I didn’t really know what else to use it for so it has been living in my stash for years. The yarn contains wool so it’s not ideal for dishcloths and the like. When I was packing up my stash I came across them and decided now is an ideal time to use them up.

In the end I decided to try gloves! I’ve been knitting for 25 years but I’d never tried gloves. I started out with fingerless gloves but I think I feel confident enough to knit a pair of regular gloves after this (there’s 2/3 of the blue left and about half of the pink). Any further gloves will probably go in my stash of Christmas gifts for next year.

These just have a thumb hole and I gifted them to my mum, who works from home in a very cold house because of the energy crisis.

These have a thumb and are a bit larger, so they’re better to use outdoors. It’s convenient to wear them when you’re doing errands because you can easily grab money or a bank/public transit card. They’re not the warmest but we didn’t have a cold winter this year.

22 Likes

Very pretty stash busters.

1 Like

Great stash buster projects! The gloves are very pretty.

1 Like

Great way to bust some stash! I can’t wait to see your finger gloves!

1 Like

Such pretty colours! There’s something so satisfying about stash busting.

1 Like

Nice use of yarn!

I really like the pink pair.

1 Like

Travel craft to satisfy the itch to stitch, smart, practical, and useful too. Excellent projects.

2 Likes

I knew I had to bring a few things, because I can’t just not craft for months - I know I would have eventualy gone out and bought new supplies that I don’t need. Plus as I was packing up I was thinking “no way I’m going to put all these scraps and UFO’s in storage for a year, they’ll never get finished”.

3 Likes

These turned out great!

1 Like

I love a good pair of fingerless gloves! Both are wonderful!

1 Like

:yarn: :sun_with_face: :heart: Congratulations! Your lovely Stash Busting Gloves are a Featured Project this week! :heart: :sun_with_face: :yarn:

2 Likes