Staying inside in the AC -Take a Bite 2022 Challenge Entry

@gozer gave me a miniature room box kit for Christmas a couple years ago. I’ve worked on it quite a lot fairly recently. Today I finished up a piece I started last week. I had previously made the table, hat boxes and vase of flowers. For this piece I felt like some stash items I had would make me happier than the things the kit would have had me putting on top of the table.

I added the lace on top, the paperback novel, and the plate of treats. I felt like this was more like ME than the odd paper covering for the tabletop, the random book and little bracelet (which was cute but looked a bit on the juvenile side to me). :woman_shrugging: I’m all about a good summer read in the cool AC with some chocolate and sweet summer berries!

17 Likes

Such intricate little miniatures… are the strawberry slices polymer clay? Trying to figure out the materials. Genius!

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes they are polymer clay!

2 Likes

This is adorable! It looks so sweet and inviting. The tray of food is perfect. Is that a book you’ve read?

1 Like

Honestly I don’t remember! I made it years ago. I think it was a paranormal romance so it’s possible I’ve read it.

Very cute. I like how you made it more ‘you’. Always a plus.

1 Like

I can see this little table and it’s accouterments on a breezy screened porch on a cabin next to a lake! accouterments. Comfy Adirondack chair with an icy beverage on it’s arm… perfect little reading spot!

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

I am forever in awe of the scale you work these tiny masterpieces in. So tiny and perfect!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Very cute!

The Tucson Mini show is the last weekend in October, would love to see you there!
Tip: come on Sunday and get great deals on the kids’ table and stay for the raffle.

1 Like

I would love to go! I truly hope that my schedule will allow it this year! I have tried to go in the past and have been unable to