Stitching in progress

What’s everyone working on right now? Since cross stitch is time consuming we may need moral support from time to time. Show me your WIPs!

This is mine. Pattern is from Country Cottage Needleworks.

7 Likes

I need to take an in progress of the piece I am working on. It is Arcadia by Satsuma Street. I am about 1/4th of the way done.

1 Like

Cleaning my studio last week I uncovered so many forgotten wip’s, I’ll have to take some photos and make myself a schedule or I’ll soon be overwhelmed by the pile. I can’t seem to resist starting every single new good idea, finishing has got to be a goal this year. 2020 will be all about completing projects for me. I hope!

2 Likes

I hear you! We need several boards to whip our butts to getting our WIPS done in 2020! ha ha ha

1 Like

My current WIP: Zelda: A Link To The Past Map (Light World)

I made it this far in 2018:

& then didn’t work on it at all last year. I’m hoping to make more progress this year!

2 Likes

Ooh I love that one @kittykill! I love the blue Christmas sampler you donated to the fundraiser too - I even have the pattern somewhere, but I haven’t gotten around to stitching it yet.

@magpie I really don’t want to clean up my craft room. I know there’s a Michael Powell pattern that I’m about halfway through, a HAED pattern where I bit off maybe a bit too much, a really cool retro fashion pattern that turned out to be a pain to stitch and something on dark linen from a kit that was a gift. And that’s just from memory, there is probably a lot more.

@jellybean that one looks really cool! Hope you get more done this year, it looks like a very big project. When I need to fill in large areas with the same colour I usually stitch the edges of the area first and then fill the rest in while watching Netflix.

Here ya go. Now to add the top of the buildings.

6 Likes

I’ve not started it yet, but I’ve dyed my fabric and got most if not all floss for it: Hope to start on the “Letters from Hogwarts” SAL soon.

2 Likes

SAL’s are always really cool! I don’t do them anymore though because I tend to fall behind.

I had a fun evening stitching away in front of Netflix yesterday! I wasn’t sure about the colour of the building before but I’m starting to like it. It’s WDW White Lightning.

3 Likes

EEEEE!!! ME TOO!

I have my fabric, and really need to start. It’s one of the things making me concentrate on getting the house organized so it’s livable. (Long story, needs done before I can do fun crafting stuff.)

1 Like

Have you seen chapter 1? It looks all so amazing, just have to find out how / where to start. I’m back at work on Tuesday for school staff inservice days, and my twins will be for a sleepover at the grandparents Monday evening until Wednesday evening, so I might get something started then… After doing housework etc… :thinking::roll_eyes::weary:

1 Like

My gosh, YES!

Ohhh keep us all updated if you get a chance to do it!!!

1 Like

I unearthed this in the move. It might be 20 years since I last worked on it. It’s cute so I kind of want to get started again.

5 Likes

Ooooh Vera!! I remember Vera was in a woman’s magazine every week and my grandma would cut them out for me. That was in the early 90s or so.

1 Like

How are you guys doing? This week’s progress:

3 Likes

That is too cute!!

WOWZER!

Fingers crossed I am going to start on the “Letters to Hogwarts” tonight. Got a Q-snap yesterday (smaller than I wanted, but easier to handle than the round snap stitch frame) and am determined.

It all depends on how I get on with feeling tired, argumentative twins etc…

3 Likes

This is mine :smiley:
It is my first cross stitch ever. I just started today. I have done few more (about 40) since then. I am doing a black rat from a Halloween special issue of a cross stitch magazine.

6 Likes

Hope you will enjoy cross stitch! I am working on a small one now, it will probably be a gift for a friend.

3 Likes

Yes so far I enjoy it. Already have to many pattern or ideas :smiley:
I am looking for to see your finished project.

1 Like