STS 2020 Discussion

Made a stop by the post office this morning to ship swap packages and then I shopped the sts shops :smiley:
Knitted like a fiend over the weekend so my october b’day pressies are done (ahead of schedule)!
Time to switch things up and play with paper or fabric…or jewelry supplies, I think.
What is everyone working on?

1 Like

I am working on an tea towel for a friend and then after that I am going to do a Halloween cross stitch.

1 Like

I am working on a Halloween miniature.

1 Like

I just put some felting and fulling into the washing machine, here’s hoping they can be added to my shop!
…Aaaand, just cleaned up my shop so it’s easier to make sense of.

2 Likes

I was cruising on some amigurumi (one for the shop and one for my niece), when suddenly I decided that I MUST try counted cross stitch for no apparent reason? I have some serious craft cycling issues sometimes, but I always circle back around eventually. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

this cracks me up. I think it describes how practically everyone starts cross stitch. And I still don’t have a solid reason for why I do it! :rofl: though there are many quicker artsy options for getting words and images affixed to a surface, there’s something so cool (and sometimes insane/funny/ironic) about taking the time to immortalize something in cross-stitch and see it come together pixel by pixel.

3 Likes

I’m going to try to work on some little mini artwork or possibly some woven cuffs to add to the shop!

4 Likes

Well I’ve always vaguely wanted to try it, as I like latch hook a lot, but only need so many shaggy rugs/pillows. No idea why my brain decided I needed to do it right this second, but that’s not an uncommon occurrence, so 🤷.

2 Likes

Hi All - I had time today to add some small items to my shop and reduce some prices. I am working on a set of skull potholders and I might have time to make another door wreath this weekend for my shop.

Please message me if you would like additional photos of any item.

I love all the items I have received so far and I love looking at all the shops. You guys are so talented.

5 Likes

Dude, if you have problems, I’m certifiably insane. All I do is cycle through crafts: embroidery, then resin, then sculpture, paper mache, then painting, prop-making, paper-crafting… I cant stay on one thing for too long.

3 Likes

I will add an infusion of goodies tomorrow afternoon, probably. :grin:

5 Likes

Okay, I was not able to anything new yesterday as we had a serious plumbing issue. The kitchen sink backed up down to the washing machine (that is in my studio). The water ovet-flowed out of the laundry space and onto the carpet for sometime before my husband noticed while I was at work. I came home to significant rearranging of my space and well, yeah… A plumbing bill later and a fair amount of cleaning up later and the update got post-poned. Ugh. The joys of home ownership.

2 Likes

Yuck, what a disaster. I’m so sorry!

Thank you. The fan’s been sitting on the carpet all night. It needed to be cleaned anyway. This is a great shove from the universe. Who knows what other goodies I may stumble across after this. :smile:

1 Like

Boo on the plumbing problem! Hopefully everything got fixed.

1 Like

Oh it did. Now to dry the carpet and move stuff back so I can get to my work space. :roll_eyes::smile:

1 Like

So sorry you had to deal with issues! I’m glad everything is better!!!

1 Like

I made a couple of claims from susieoregon’s shop this morning so I just added 3 new pieces of art to mine; another hidden book box, an easter egg shrine and an owl hotel.

4 Likes

Sorry you had to deal with that!!

1 Like

I had to share… I claimed some bat necklaces from @RagingSloth for my girls and they’ve just arrived. They love them. Thank you! :heart:

12 Likes