STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

Me three!

3 Likes

ETA: I was wrong! STS is different and can’t be your first. But since it’s pretty annual, you can plan for next year!

Here are the participant requirements for this swap (from the top of that thread):
Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: Yes
Has posted a comment in the discussion thread and will check regularly for swap updates: Yes
If within the US, understands that a tracking number is required for this swap: Yes
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: N/A; USA Only

So, you don’t have to have to completed other swaps first if this is your only one.

2 Likes

I think you can join this one as your first one!! You just can only join one at first and not do any other swaps until you receive feedback on the first one.
(It’s confusing to dig through all the required info, but I think the two swap requirement is for organizers.)

1 Like

Sent in my Q!

2 Likes

that’s generally true for other swaps but STS, because there is so much going on and to keep track of and it’s a longer swap has additional requirements of not being your first swap.

Sorry, I think that was an extra rule at one point but doesn’t look like it is now.

The 2 swap requirement is for the organizer, not the participants.

4 Likes

Would there be any interest in these?:

These are one of my projects that I never finished. They are origami tulips. Floral wire was attached and held in place by a bead. I fiddled with it today, I will need to hot glue the bead in place in order.to make it stay.

3 Likes

Just sent in my questionnaire.

3 Likes

Sent in my q!

Btw @irid3sc3nt the info mostly says STS 2023 but we all know what you mean! :wink::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Fun tip someone shared (sorry, I can’t remember who!): you can send yourself a DM and edit it so that you’re able to prep your shop post, or any other kind of post, at your leisure and in private. This includes uploading images. When you’re ready, you just copy the DM contents and paste it in a public reply or post. I’ve been prepping my shop for the last week. Because I’m crazy. And I love STS.

8 Likes

I sent in my questionnaire! I always want to sign up for more end of year swaps but with holiday art festvials just around the corner my creating time is limited if it’s not for my booth. This is always an easier swap for me to do because I can just pick out a few pieces from my stock that I am making already. <3

7 Likes

Haha! I love that.

I need to take photos of my finished items today. I still have a couple crochet projects that I am working on and (hopefully) a sewing project.

@artsycandice - oh yay! I love your stuff so much! :hearts:

5 Likes

Oh snap, that’s a great idea!! (I haven’t even gotten to taking pictures yet over here, but maybe this little tip can help push me to get started!)

2 Likes

I couldn’t make this work. :frowning:
I found my name in the thread, clicked on message, then sent a short message to myself. But when I leave that page, I cannot access it again. I am selecting “inbox” from the drop down menu at the upper right but the message I sent to myself isn’t shown there. Help!

In your inbox, select “sent” from the dropdown and you’ll find your message. I should have added that, sorry!

3 Likes

Oh shoot. I figured it out (then undid my deleted post). You were fast in your response! lol

3 Likes

Gah so pre-jealous of all the excitement and shop goodies! Will be following along :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m sorry you can’t join us this time. Sending all the hugs and good thoughts.

4 Likes

I sent in my questionnaire!

4 Likes

Oh also, since this is my first time doing this, just wanted to confirm that we can put our shop up as soon as we’re approved? (Can swapping start immediately too?)

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME

7 Likes

Yes. Once you receive your PM from @irid3sc3nt saying you are approved you may set your shop up and open it.

Then you can start swapping with anyone else who has their shop open. It’s so much fun!

5 Likes