STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

sts_2024_fall_market_discussion_img
Image by ArtRose on Pixabay with alterations by irid3sc3nt

Welcome to the STS (Shop the Swap) 2023 Fall Market Discussion
@irid3sc3nt will be hosting this round with ??? as moderator

This swap will be USA only. I apologize to the international LC swappers. If you would like to organize your own, please do! You can contact a moderator for a spreadsheet to keep track of points. You can always ask for a personal swap as well.

We took a poll last year so this year the STS will be a few weeks shorter.

DATES: (TBD)

Shops start with at least FIVE (5) finished, handcrafted items for the other swappers to choose from. THREE (3) of these finished, handcrafted items must be new items to this round and not have been offered before in a prior round of the STS.
The scale is from 1-5 points for each.

Here is a link to the discussion from 2023.
Interested to see what it looks like? Here is a link to the swap from 2023.

Craft whatever makes YOU happy, but if you need inspiration:
Fun envelopes
Christmas gifts
cat-related
ATCs
mug rugs
notecards
holiday guy-themed items
stocking stuffers
Christmas ornaments
dog-related
homemade yummies
magnets
tote bags

7 Likes

Thanks for setting this up. I plan on making one or two items a month so I can get ready and use some of my stash.
That being said, I am doing a full craft room declutter, and I am planning to make grab bags of supplies. I have a TON of purse hardware that I will never make it through. I think I have markers, pens, and drawing pencils, jewelry supplies, as well as shrine supplies too.

7 Likes

Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff :slight_smile:
I’m hoping I’ll have stuff when I organize my craft room.
We were watching Adam Savage on youtube last night and he said something to effect that his maker space is ever-changing, it’s never static and that’s okay. He is organized, though. It seems everything has a place.
I would say half my stuff has a place and half of it is collections that need to have shelves and prints that need to be framed and hung.

I have one item ready, I have more projects in queue.

3 Likes

I’m working on a ME project now, and then I will start making a couple of casserole carriers. The STS is normally around Thanksgiving time so I am hoping someone will find that useful. If not, I will give it to a friend at work. I also have some of the cat zip pouches from the craft show left. I didn’t post them last year.

7 Likes

I’m sure I’ll do this again. It’s a good idea to do some advance crafting throughout the year in preparation.

4 Likes

I am a SUCKER for a grab bag format, in pretty much any context, so a grab bag of craft supplies? chef’s kiss

4 Likes

I’ll get on it then. :wink:
And i love grab bags too.

5 Likes

Have I said that I found we have a creative reuse store in Denver??
I have yet to go. I forget about it sometimes so I stay home and do random stuff. Of course, when it is 0 degrees F outside, I definitely don’t go anywhere.

3 Likes

I’m on the fence about whether I’ll do STS this year. But it would give me a chance to practice some new crafts or just play, so maybe.

3 Likes

I use it as an excuse to make things I really want to make but have zero use for. I put it in a box in my craft room, and it’s so much easier. My goal this year is to make two things a month for it. I never reach my goal, but I always have some stuff ready.

6 Likes

I definitely need to do that!

1 Like

I hope there’s interest in jewelry because apparently I’m obsessed right now.

4 Likes

I like those art earring.

I just bought a new, highly complex pattern to try for STS. I had no idea it was this intricate. Wish me luck!

3 Likes

I would purchase a necklace for my friend or my oldest sis.

2 Likes

In what medium?

2 Likes

Sewing. It is trickier than it appeared.

2 Likes

I’ve just stamped another ART set and have more earring findings on the way.

2 Likes

And bracelets, too!

3 Likes

I plan to start decluttering and rearranging my craft room this weekend. Are there any grab bag supplies people are specifically interested in? Let me know and I will make sure I have at least one.

1 Like

Yay for grab bags!

My current crafty obsessions: alcohol ink pens, embossing powder, ink pads, alcohol inks, ATC blanks, various paper types, vellum, nice craft felt, perfect pearls mists, card blanks, stencils, large stamps (for backgrounds).

4 Likes