STS (Shop the Swap) 2024 Fall Market Discussion

Yep! That’s what I was thinking. I put a reminder in my phone for the first of August so I start thinking about it and don’t forget.

4 Likes

I might have to join a little late - I have surgery on August 8th, but hopefully I’ll be functional before signups close!

6 Likes

I debate this one every year. And by debate I mean obsessively overthinking it.
But my concerns are usually cycling among, “what if no one wants what I make, then what do I do with it,” and “my shipping/fun money budget might not exist then…”

But I do watch it like a show every time!

6 Likes

I don’t make things specifically for STS, I just offer up whatever I’ve already made. That way if it doesn’t sell it’s something I already wanted :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Ironing out more details…

signups tentatively August 15 to 29
last day possible after the over/under week is October ?

My notes say to have the over/under week be the last week in October, but I think I’d rather the start of the over/under week be the11th of October (six weeks of shops open). I could have the over/under week be earlier than that, too. Last year shops were open for about eight weeks, but I think six or less is good.

Thoughts?

5 Likes

Those details sound good to me!

2 Likes

I would love to do this again. I also don’t make things for this swap specifically. I like digging into what I make already. Although… I think I may have to let it simmer and see if I can create some special lettuce craft objects to squirrel away for this one… Hmmm…

5 Likes

Excited for this one again!

2 Likes

No worries. I have random stuff in my STS bin that I finished after the swap was over as well as stuff in my WIPs that I hope to finish for this one.

1 Like

Any special requests for items I can start working on? I’m all over the place on what I’m crafting these days.

So far the only things I have for this year’s swap are the items left in my shop last year and a kawaii papercraft Halloween bunting.

5 Likes

I can’t wait to rejoin this swap! I had so much fun doing this in the past.

3 Likes

Ooh. I gotta get working! I have some stuff in my stash but i had a couple of things i wanted to try my hand at.
Thanks for hosting.

2 Likes

I’d be all about a little monster planter.

4 Likes

Oh this sounds so neat! I gotta get my 15 comments done so I can swap too!

4 Likes

I had so much fun doing STS a couple years ago! I’ve mainly been focusing on drawing and painting lately but will see if I have time to get to the loom. I’ve got a couple ideas for towel warps to put on.

3 Likes

I love your ceramics! I was just admiring the magnets on my fridge the other day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If anyone makes stencils, i would love some of those. Small. For 5x7 or ATC sizes.

1 Like

Supposedly my Cameo can do stencils so I can test that out.

3 Likes

Im looking for background designs. I really love the Tim Holtz ones but they are incredibly expensive for what they are. Thanks in advance gor trying!

4 Likes

I know what you mean. Even second hand they’re bonkers expensive. Most things with his name on them are.

4 Likes