Summer 2022 Book Swap Gallery

Yesss!! :heart:

2 Likes

That hoopla is perfect.

2 Likes

You guys! @chameleonhound spoiled me ROTTON!!! Check out the awesomeness!
First, she wrapped everything in seed catalog paper.

The cutest card!

Oh did I mention CUTE! Look at this adorable beachy-summer cross stitch bookmark.

THIS! Love this lazy beach cat embroidery!

But there’s more! All the goodies and books!

Thank you again! You are awesome!

6 Likes

I have received from @Bunny1kenobi!

Here are the books. She chose one from my list (Verity) and one surprise book (Dr Potter’s Medicine Show). It was written by @TheMistressT’s Mister T! Awesome! I am looking forward to reading both of them!

Here is the candy, crafts, and card where she wrote a very nice long note about each piece.

She sent me Zotz! I’ve never had them before, but my local candy store carries them and I sent some to her. There are also Jolly Ranchers in the bag. I will be keeping that ribbon as well. Candy modeled by my sleepy cat, Arlo.

Would you believe that this bat is made of window screen and crochet cotton? Window screen, brilliant! She said that I could use it as a bookmark or add magnets to the back. Hard choice… I actually think I may get one of those super tiny easel-things and display it in front of my collection of Halloween-themed books. Or on top.

There are also a pair of summery seed bead earrings that I can wear while reading! I showed them to my husband who commented that they look like dream catchers. I have several of those in my house! See how they transition from the seafoam green to the pink?

The last item in the image is… an Altoid Tin miniature scene! You can see in the large photo that it features a door on the front which you open to be transported into Dr Hedwith’s laboratory-- a character from the book Dr Potter’s Medicine Show (see first photo)!

On the shelves you will find: a pocket watch, a brown intricate jar with black lid, a mortar and pestle with tiny leaves inside, a skull on a pedestal, a wine glass, two used candles with black wicks, several books, some bottles of mystery substances, a ring of keys that jangle, and an open “Table of Alchemical Symbols”. Hrmmm… what is this person up to? I’ll have to read and find out!

@Bunny1kenobi, how did you know that I love Altoids tins and Halloween? It couldn’t have been my Pinterest that spilled the beans… :shushing_face: Thank you so much for being my swap partner and sending such a thoughtful (and intricate!) package. :heart: :heart: :heart: Happy reading!

8 Likes

Wow! A couple of epic packages!! Love all the stitching in kk’s package.

Ooo…Verity is on my list too!! That Altoid tin is fabulous!!

1 Like

Wow, I like seeing all of these packages and what everyone has made. Quite a talented group of people!

@irid3sc3nt spoiled me! I may have to send another package because what she sent me was AWESOME!

First up, a pile of Zots (LOVE these!) some watermelon Hi-Chews! Love these too! And some sour watermelon straws! Perfect reading or crafting treats!

Did you make these gorgeous resin roses @irid3sc3nt ? They are beautiful and… iridescent!! :star_struck:

She sent a big ole bag of whimsies! Oh be still my magpie heart, I love a good collection of gewgaws! Zoom in- there are some really cool treasures in here!

Last but not least she sent this AMAZING Halloween-y goodness! I love this Spellbook and its secret little compartment …

The books are on their way separately and I’m sure they’ll be as fantastic as the rest of this!! Thank you SO MUCH for this lovely package!

6 Likes

WOW! Eric is going to be so flatterned and stoked, @Bunny1kenobi ! I sure hope you like the book, @irid3sc3nt

4 Likes

No way, the package you sent me is awesome! Those flowers are just plain UV resin with chameleon powder. I think I saw in your pinterest somewhere that you had tiny roses and since I already had all the supplies and the mold…

3 Likes

Thanks @irid3sc3nt! I’m glad you like your package!

@TheMistressT its an amazing book! It would be a blockbuster movie in the right hands, too.

3 Likes

Holy moley!
You hit the jackpot! Great package, @chameleonhound !

Also, @Bunny1kenobi and @irid3sc3nt, I loved Zots years ago, and now you’re making me want them!
Love seeing the books and the craft ideas…, it’s all fabulous!
(And how cool that the hubs of Mistress T is an author! I had no clue!)

2 Likes

@kayrun - I love that cross stitch. Stacked books are always awesome, and it’s so true! Is that mango chips? Um, yummy!

@chameleonhound - Adorable bookmark!! That little popsicle is darling. And the lazy cat? It’s the cutest. Love it’s little expression. So content. Kitty cat gummies? I could never eat them!

@Bunny1kenobi - The bat is very cool and so clever. window screen? Way to reuse! The earrings are pretty. You did an excellent job with the ombre. The Altoids tin is amazing. Love the skull and the candle, of course all the books.

@irid3sc3nt - Arlo is adorable! Thanks for the pic. I always love to see the fur babies. The roses are cool! It’s awesome that you can make those whenever you need them. All those what-nots are amazing. I always wonder how people come across stuff like that. The Spell “book” is fantastic!

2 Likes

I came across the what nots on Etsy, but I’m not sure where the seller found them. I’m wondering if they buy bulk of all sorts of tiny things then put the bags together that way.

2 Likes

What an amazing gallery! That spell book is super cool, as is the altered Altoids tin! I just started seeing some leaves changing color here, so despite this being a summer swap, I am excited to have fall and Halloween on the way!

I’m going to curl up with my new books and the small remainder of my candy until my classes start. Thanks for a wonderful swap!

P.s. What are zots? I will have to investigate these!

1 Like

I got my books from @irid3sc3nt!!

Both of these were on my wish list! I’m so excited to have them!!! Thank you so much!

6 Likes

Ooo…good ones!

Shadowhunters is right up your alley!

1 Like

Right??? Super excited!

1 Like

They’re like Jolly Ranchers but with a sour juicy filling.

2 Likes

I was thinking they were the fizzy candies? that sort of explode in your mouth? or am I mixing them up with something else?

1 Like