COMPLETE-Summer Book Swap: Sign Up: 6/20-7/4 Send Out: 8/4/22

Whoo hoo! Just finished up the swap. I’m going to take a minute before I pack it up. I need a break. Lol

I got the last little bit of my supplies yesterday, but had a busy weekend, so I haven’t had time to really start on my item yet, but I’m doing good and will definitely finish in time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Abbeeroad , your book has arrived & I’m almost recovered from jet lag, so I’ll get busy crafting ASAP!

2 Likes

Books ordered and awaiting delivery to my partner. One book is in her wish list and the other will be a complete surprise but happens to be a favorite of mine so I hope she will love it, too!

Crafting planned and beginning to meddle with supplies today!!

2 Likes

I wrapped it all up on Monday and unwrapped it last night to add a little treat. Forgot that part. Ha!

1 Like

I started a gallery!

Check in time!
What book would you recommend to the group (I know…there are so many to choose from!)

2 Likes

Oh, man. I think I’ll choose Sally Rooney’s latest: Beautiful World, Where Are You to recommend. I love Rooney’s style and her characters are just ALIVE. If you haven’t read her, this is a good one to start with.

Man. I’ve thought of at least three alternatives to this since typing.

Going to give honorable mention to The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by VE Schwab.

And anything by Andy Weir.

Ok, stopping now.

3 Likes

I think I’ve already suggested it here, but The Psalm for the Wild-Built is just lovely. Beyond that, I recently really enjoyed the Broken Kingdom trilogy, and A Plague of Giants in the sci-fi/fantasy realm. The Deed of Paksenarrion is a really good fantasy with a female protagonist and not based around romance. As for a novel, Great Circle was really good (though some strong trigger warnings for sure, if there are some you’re avoiding). And, if you’re looking for nonfiction, Mobituaties was a hilarious and really interesting look through history, and Rambunctious Garden was a thoughtful and somewhat optimistic ponder on conservation programs.

ETA: okay, so I maybe missed the “one” part of the question :grin:

2 Likes

I keep being drawn to this one. I enjoy her Long Way to an Angry Planet series (I’ve read 2 and fully plan to read the rest). I will have to move this one up the list.

1 Like

Im boxed up and sending tomorrow. Im so excited. I hope she likes it.

2 Likes

LOVED The Invisible Life of Addie La Rue!!
Listened to it as an audiobook. I can’t rave about it enough :yum:

3 Likes

This is the only one by her I’ve read, I’ll have to find that series soon!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure I picked this up at the Half Price Bookstore. Looking forward to reading it!

Andy Weir’s latest Hail Mary was very good.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed The Martian, the audiobook was read by Wil Wheaton, so I think I’ll check out Project Hail Mary very soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anything by Dean Koontz or in the Shadowhunter Chronicles series by Cassandra Clare. Or any Amelia Peabody book by Elizabeth Peters. I can’t stick to just one, either.

1 Like

I listened to him read Ready Player One. I had started the book a long time ago, but never got to finish it due to illness. When I found out who narrated the audiobook, that’s the way I wanted to finish it.

1 Like

I sent today! Should be there on Monday. I am ready to see this gallery grow!

1 Like

that was smart of you to have the books shipped directly! I am considering sending my books separately from my craft due to the weight & cheaper book rate if I mail them alone

1 Like

I can’t remember if I heard about this book on LC, but I recently finished Easy Crafts for the Insane by Kelly Williams Brown, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I read it in a couple of days!
Another quick read for me was I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella…made me giggle a lot, which I need these days!

and of course, I had to edit this to add a few more:
Sourdough by Robin Sloan (she also wrote Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore, which I’m planning to reread this year)
The Glass Ocean by B. Williams, L. Willig, and K. White…. Outstanding book, written from 3 perspectives. First time I’ve ever read a book by 3 authors, and it was thoroughly enjoyable!

2 Likes

This is a great one! I’ll have to check out Sourdough.

1 Like