Summer Breezes Paper Doll Diorama

I finally had an idea for using these Betsy McCall paper doll clothes! It was a gift for a bestie.

SummerBreezes01

It’s built on the same flatware box as the Years, They Get Away From You decoration I made in February, but on the inside instead of on the underside.

SummerBreezes02

All suraces are covered with various papers. The clotheline (embroidery floss) is secured on the outside with paper brad by passing through an eyelet on each side.

Various plants and flowers cut with dies and punches in the “yard” as well as some faux turf for the lawn. Acetate windows with vintage paper lace placemats for curtains.

SummerBreezes06

SummerBreezes08

Fussy cut paper doll outfits glued to the clothesline.

SummerBreezes05

I cut two of each of the letters to give it a little more oomph.

SummerBreezes07

Lucky me, I had all the supplies in my various stashes!

19 Likes

This came out so cute. I love all the tiny details and that little clothesline! Such a fun project.

Awww, thank you!

1 Like

Such detail! It looks great

1 Like

Wow! You really packed this baby with details. I love the clothesline!

1 Like

Your paper work is always amazing. You must have quite the variety to work with in your stash.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone!

Bahahahahaaaaa! That’s one way to say it! :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Aw, this is so sweet! I have seen those paper dolls in vintage magazines. You have an incredible level of detail in there. The doily curtains are genius! And the clothes-hanger paper on the sides is perfect.

What a nice way to display those cute paperdoll dresses!

Thank you all!

@endymion Did you see the clothespins on the outside? So cute! The picture doesn’t pick it up but there are hearts and stars in the “hole” part of them!

1 Like

Aww, I didn’t see that! Cutest clothespin paper ever!

I was so happy to have just the right project for those “laundry” prints!

1 Like

My sister and I used to FIGHT over the Betsy McCall page. Her name is Betsy and she’s older so she won (in my memory) most of the time.

I love your diorama!

2 Likes

The illustrations are so charming! I mean, there’s some patriarchy happening when you look at all of the pages, but that’s to be expected. :grimacing: :rofl:

1 Like

So awesome that I don’t have enough words. Imagine though, the smile on a cheshire cat

Thank you!

Sweet!

1 Like

Thanks!

Super cute!

Really adorable. I bet your friend loved it! I always love all the little details and special touches you add to your paper creations!