Swap Ideas for Round 5

I don’t have a problem hosting all 3 if that’s allowed

1 Like

They rules say if you have hosted before, you can organize up to three. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I want to play/host. Just narrowing down my ideas…

1 Like

I am loving all of these ideas :slight_smile:

I was just wondering, will these swaps all launch at the same time? Or be staggered? (There are so many great ideas :wink: )

My guess is they will all launch at the same time due to the current organisation situation.

1 Like

The plan is to stagger them like last time.

5 Likes

Name of Swap: Nerd Games Swap
Swap Organizer: gozer
Swap Requirements: This swap is for 1 medium (extras can be discussed with your partner)
You must be a participant in the Nerd Games to join. If you are not in the Games, check it out (and join!) here.

Length of Swap: 1 week sign up. 1 month craft time.

8 Likes

I hope this happens! Yay Nerd Games!

If anyone has been thinking of joining a craftalong, please join us, and maybe join our swap, too! :hearts: :nerd_face:

3 Likes

SUGGESTION.

there was fossil talk on the recent lettuce craft anniversary zoom. A fossil swap would be great (possibly combined with the dinosaur idea?)

I love the craft my collectable and burrow swaps

7 Likes

I have been missing the raffle swaps. Everyone crafts to a theme and then matched using a RNG or the draw out of the hat method with exceptions for allergies. They are just very stress free since everything is made ahead of time and just need to be popped in the mail when signups close.

Back on “the other site” I organized a couple and very willing to do it again, but I wasn’t sure if it was possible/wanted here.

7 Likes

@AuFish super random, but on Cster, did you happen to make a hoop, with the moving pieces? It was black, grey, …yellow? And blue?

1 Like

Ooooh…a fossil swap. :heart_eyes::skull:

1 Like

That sounds like something I might have made.
I remember a Neil Gaimon hoop with quite that popped out if you tugged a cord.

1 Like

YES! THAT WAS IT! I’m messaging you!

3 Likes

Lol. Awesomeness.

I don’t see why not. Just fill out the template and we will add it to the list for voting. I remember those. I loved seeing the themes and interpretations each time.

2 Likes

Name of Swap: Lettuce All Raffle
Swap Organizer: AuFish
Swap Requirements: 1 Medium
Length of Swap: 6 weeks for sign ups, 2 weeks to send

There are 6 weeks to sign up, but your not officially part of the swap until you post a pic of your finished craft. Crafts can be made ahead of time, as long as they are made by you and fit the theme. After sign ups, I will do a blind draw of awesome items and delightful swappers. I will send each person an address to ship their craft to. No one knows what exactly is coming to them or possibly who the are sending to. It is all fun and the happy kind of surprises.

I’m bad with names and wouldn’t mind suggestions of a better one. :blush:

13 Likes

I like the name you came up with! How do you determine the theme that would be crafted toward?

2 Likes

Usually we would talk about the possible themes in the swap proposal thread on Cster. I’m leaning towards either randomly picking a theme for the first round and discussing a theme for the next round as that round wraps up, or discussing it here.

3 Likes

SUGGESTION (only all-caps to fit the format; I don’t mean to yell at you :sweat_smile:}
For you and @thanate - what if, for the first round, this swap morphed with the Little Good Things swap, so it has that theme/spirit about it but in this raffle format?

2 Likes

Ooooh… that would be interesting… :heart:

1 Like