Swap Ideas for Round 5

Ooooh… that would be interesting… :heart:

1 Like

I have a different “swap” idea. A RANDOM ACTS swap! Let’s show a little love to our own communities! We all have great skills and stashes that can be put to use brightening the corners we live in. Let’s shed some LC light!

I propose that each participant craft AT LEAST one medium (or equivalent) to benefit someone else- a charity, a foster children’s organization, an elder care facility, a NICU unit, a homeless person… there are people within our reach whose heavy hearts could be lifted with a bit of kindness.

During a sign up period, say, 2 weeks, each participant will decide who they will craft for and include that info in their Q. Questionnaires can be posted on the thread rather than sent in a PM so that we can be inspired by each other. Then say a month to craft, and instead of shipping we deliver it, leave it at the bus stop… etc. I think a photo of the completed item(s) and the delivery of the item should be required. What do you guys think? And if there’s anything you think could make this better, please share!

4 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion, I’ve thought about it all day. This is where my mind is right now.

I’m not certain about joining the two swaps together, mainly because I don’t want to limit it to those who make ATCs. I’m willing to entertain the idea, but would really need some conversation about it with @thanate. Honestly, I would also have to figure out how to make an acceptable ATC, myself.

One of my favorite aspects of the raffle swap is the diversity and getting to swap with people that would rarely be in a swap together. I’m afraid that if it were ever joined to another swap, it might become subconsciously connected in swappers minds. Then we might lose a bit of the diversity that is so precious.

4 Likes

Little Good Things isn’t ATC-specific, if that helps! The ATCs are a separate swap. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Bunny! What you’re proposing fits more as a craftalong. To be a swap, it does need to involve sending to a swap partner. However, a RAK swap has been done before! We made a set of 6 items to be abandoned, given away, etc. and our swap partner was able to pick one item to keep for themselves before distributing the rest. If this sounds good, please resubmit your idea using the swap header format described in the first post. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like keeping them separate, personally. I have joined the raffle in the past and what I made wasn’t necessarily a small. @Calluna, you are more than welcome to suggest a mini-raffle, but I would wait until next round out of respect for the full sized raffle swap that @AuFish is proposing this round. Just a suggestion, not a Mod thing. :relaxed:

6 Likes

I might be interested in the raffle swap @AuFish is suggesting. It would depend on the theme though. I need that little spark of inspiration before I can commit. It sounds like we would know a theme before the sign-up ends, correct?

3 Likes

@AuFish, I don’t see an issue with you discussing themes here.

2 Likes

Thank you @gozer.

The theme would be posted in nice bold letters on the opening post of the swap. @susieoregon

In the past, we tend to do a “Best of” theme fairly often where swappers would craft what they were best at. A couple of other themes that I’ve thought of are “Bright” and “Winter.” I do try to keep themes a bit non specific for more variety.

6 Likes

I’d like to throw the theme “Trees” into the mix for the raffle swap. :evergreen_tree: :palm_tree: :maple_leaf:

8 Likes

Thanks! I’ll add it to the list of possibilities. If the swap gets voted it, I will post a list of prepared themes to discuss. I’m really excited about the raffle.

2 Likes

February was when the Positive Affirmation swap ran, and Use the Good Stuff.
I’m not up to trying to figure out how to make a swap work on this new format myself but anybody who wants to is welcome to take up either theme :).

4 Likes

Agreed; raffle swaps aren’t really my thing, but you’re welcome to consider [medium-sized] “good things” as a theme if it suits you.

(ATCs are a separate swap; I just offered to host two in the same post.)

4 Likes

@AuFish, these were both really popular on the old site and either one would make good themes for your raffle swap, too.

4 Likes

Adding them to the list

Discussing theme is great! Our request is that if you want to host, just use the template above or if you have a definite idea but can’t host, use SUGGESTION at the top of your post. There is still a lot of time to discuss ideas. You have until the 18th.

3 Likes

Name of Swap: Invite Your Partner
Swap Organizer: jemimah
Swap Requirements: decided between partners

Participants invite someone they’d like to swap with, or can put their name on a list of swappers looking for a partner. Requirements are discussed between partners - you can choose to swap something tiny, or a huge parcel, or anything in between, e.g. you might choose to fill a box with pinterest surprises, or be inspired by a favourite colour, theme, or fandom.

Length of Swap: 2 weeks sign up, 6 weeks crafting time

There are some great swap ideas in this thread - I want to sign up to too many! I wondered about this IYP option - if your favourite swap theme doesn’t get picked this time around, you could pair up with someone and still swap according to that theme as part of this swap.

15 Likes

You’re a tricky woman. I like it!

4 Likes

And if you see something suggested and are willing to host, fill out the template for it. :wink:

@jemimah, I like the idea of using it as a swap for swaps that didn’t get picked. Brilliant!

6 Likes

I love the idea of this :grinning: have to work up the courage to ask someone :yum::see_no_evil:

7 Likes