Swapping: Under Construction

Literally just came to check on this!!

Looking forward to a swap … gets the crafty mojo going!

5 Likes

I was so excited to hear we will still have swapping, I went through and compiled a list of everyone’s ideas! (And added one of my own). This is a pretty epic list:

• Effing Birds
  • Fridge Magnets
  • Prayer Flags
  • TM Patches
  • Vintage Halloween
  • Secret Friend Wishlist
  • Lettuce
  • Embroidered Tea Towels
  • Altered Journal Pages
  • IYP
  • Crafty Detective
  • Fabric Art Journals
  • Secret Santa
  • Spell My Name
  • Hooplas
  • Gravity Falls
  • Common Grounds
  • Moar Purrz
  • Poem or Quote
  • Tiny Art Journal
  • Magic Yarnball
  • Make a Friend
  • Ongoing OTT
  • Fat Quarters
  • Christmas in July
  • Altoid Tin
  • ATC’s
  • Adult Merit Badges
  • Kinetic / Automata
  • 40s / 50s Retro
  • Once You Pop
  • Frugal Living
  • Holiday aprons
  • Favorite Movie/TV/Books
  • Garden
  • Travel
  • Dungeons and Dragons
  • Craft my Photo

And

• First round of Halloween Advent!
13 Likes

I was going to host another Make a Friend and Ongoing OTT…so, you can add those too, if ya feel like it!

And, of course the atc swap!

5 Likes

I want to do a Fat Quarter Swap and we need to do a Christmas in July…I believe @racky mentioned an Altoid Tin Swap…

4 Likes

@Lynx and @AIMR

DONE and DONE ladies!!

6 Likes

Man, @JoyfulClover is ON IT! :grin:

5 Likes

Hey, the ATC swap is still running on Discord, so is Ostara. It’s a good place to host & galleries have been allowed here so far :blush:

4 Likes

It’s called ‘thirsty’. :laughing:

I’ve already begged Disc for someone to please swap a hoopla with me! And it worked!! (@Lynx took mercy on me).

2 Likes

Oh yes! I am hosting Ostara! And I grabbed 2 ATC buddies as well!

2 Likes

Is that a Halloween advent calendar swap??

3 Likes

Ha! Yassss!

It was something discussed with @kittykill, but too close to Oct. So it was decided to push out a year, to post earlier as it’s a bigger commitment. Details on size, etc. were still being worked out.

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=458852.0

2 Likes

Yes please!

3 Likes

Please add Adult Merit Badges to the list.

7 Likes

Oh yes…I have a bag that I need to add more badges to!!!

2 Likes

Please add Kinetic Swap (automata and other things that move or pop up).

7 Likes

Oooooh… interesting.

1 Like

May we suggest swap ideas from a very, very long time ago? Some of the ones I did back in the early days of C-ster were:

40s/50s retro
Once You Pop (stuff a Pringles can with goodies. The one I did was for Christmas, but I think there were other themes)
Frugal Living (think draft stoppers, hand warmers and the like)
Holiday Aprons

Other ides: favorite movies/TV shows/books (I did a “Psych” swap back in the day), gardening, travel…

I think swap themes that appeal to me are the ones that allow for a variety of media and methods rather than getting really specific because then a wider cross section of crafters can participate. It is really cool to receive things that I can’t make myself. Plus, it also challenged me to try some new things so that I wasn’t just a one-trick pony. Just some thoughts!

6 Likes

I used to do the ‘Once You Pop’ Pringles can swaps all the time! They were so much fun! I also did the Frugal Living swap several times and hosted one.

1 Like

Those were my swaps! I would LOVE to host again!

I wouldn’t mind a Dungeons and Dragons swap either

3 Likes

I’ve always thought that a ‘craft my photo’ swap would be fun. Basically you send your partner a photograph to craft with and your partner makes something featuring your photo.

5 Likes