Swapping: Under Construction

I am so down for a 40’s/50’s swap.

3 Likes

I would be down for this! I just realized I have a couple of windows in my living room where the frame for the window is gaping at the bottom. I need some draft stoppers for sure!

2 Likes

If you ever want to personal swap that idea, let me know! It’s super cool!

Ooh, that would be fun! I’ll definitely keep that in mind!

Yes it was!!! I think I was in two of your swaps!

2 Likes

I’d like to do a Lettuce Craft Card Swap sometime (same idea as the Craftsters Card).

5 Likes

Well, if we don’t start swapping soon, I am going to take a break and do some swaps on some other sites. It is hard for me to keep motivated to make things just for myself. I am getting antsy.

I really miss seeing the themes, projects and sharing of what everyone got…

9 Likes

I know what you mean. I’m in the middle of my first Reddit swap and my first swap on a Facebook group. And I’ve done swap-bot.

The sense of community isn’t there but still I enjoy making for others more than for myself.

6 Likes

We are about to do a Beltane Wicca swap on Discord. @JoyfulClover just posted the swap today. Join us! You don’t have to be particularly interested in Wicca to join. May Day originated from Beltane. If you want to celebrate the return of warm weather, then this swap is for you. I would love to swap with you. :heart:

4 Likes

Yes, I was just talking about this today!!

1. I just opened signups for Beltane in Disc! The Imbolc and Ostara galleries are pretty freaking amazing, so please consider!

2. If that’s not appealing, we could open another swap topic on Disc? Obviously, there are tons of topics from above. Do any of them scream make me!?

3. I will always personal swap with you! But I know that’s not always the same thing (see below).

Agree (and this is the top item discussed)! I really got to know my good friends from swapping. And connecting in the threads. Everyone working on something together. And posting about the process.

Ravelry does to some extent. Check out the Nerdy Swaps group. It isn’t all yarn/fiber based! In addition to the Reddit #CraftExchange, Reddit has an official swap site, redditgifts. Sometimes famous people drop in!

4 Likes

Yes! I hope to slip in a May Pole topic in my list!

3 Likes

Ya, Disc is totally set up for swapping & lots of us are there, lettuce has graciously allowed to let us host swap galleries here and everything :blush:

5 Likes

@JoyfulClover you rock! You’ve made a great place for us all to go and swap in the interim. Thank you. I know it’s hard work. Come swap with us guys!
@AIMR I agree swapping is personally why I craft in the first place. I’m afraid If I didn’t have swapping, I wouldn’t have a reason for making stuff. And that would be so sad.

5 Likes

I know what you mean: when the old site died, I literally asked who I would craft for.

5 Likes

oh don’t get me wrong, I would craft site or no site, but part of the draw of the online community was sharing ideas, the excitement of trying something new, making something that your partner might not be able to make,etc. Exchanging crafts and goodies was just a tiny part of swapping…the best part was the community…boosting each other up, admiring the effort and skills, seeing what people used that they had on hand, etc. Like one big swap meet…that is what I miss…the excitement of shipping day…the downer of the last swap package received…the high of a new swap…it is a fun roller coaster ride of emotions…and maybe I am addicted and just jonesing…but I really feel antsy when I am not getting mail or sending mail…Amazon loves me during this hiatus…ha ha ha

13 Likes

I was putting off joining another site to swap ATCs because I didn’t want to hop back and forth, but if we don’t get them soon I am going to go ahead and take the plunge. I miss meeting new people and getting inspired by new ideas in the swaps. I think the things that make it such a community are craftalongs and swaps.

4 Likes

Atc swapping with us Lettuceheads is happening on Discord.

3 Likes

Well said! I feel the same.

4 Likes

Doing our best. Swapping will resume soon. Thank you all for the patience & support. :heart:

11 Likes

Trust me when I say -I miss swapping so much! Like crazy miss it. We are literally building the swap component from the ground up, code by code. I know everyone is antsy, but we are working on it.

Ps-I am always down for personal swaps.

8 Likes