Swedish lace towels

I took a lace weaves workshop earlier this month and fell in love with lace weaves so I just had to weave some towels. I designed these towels using a profile draft from an old book as inspiration and I’m so happy with how they turned out! I wanted to include one in @geekgirl’s Santa’s Sack so I designed, wove, and finished them in record speed.

Here’s a picture of the small towel that shows the symmetry. The larger towels are repeated

They’re so pretty and soft, I’m going to have to design some more!

22 Likes

Beautiful!! Your weaving is just amazing, I love how you design your own patterns!

1 Like

These are beautiful! I just love linens that are tone-on-tone texture based in their design!

1 Like

So, so pretty! Love the delicate patterns/textures.

1 Like

So different from the colorful weavings you have been doing…but so beautiful…love the complex looking design that shows up in the soft color.

1 Like

You’ve been weaving behind our backs, I don’t remember seeing these in the works :flushed:
They are Beautiful !

1 Like

These are so very lovely.

1 Like

Because they were for a swap! :joy:

3 Likes

Just lovely!

1 Like

Stahhhhhpppp… I cannot take up weaving. I cannot take up weaving. It would make my mother cry tears of joy. I cannot take up weaving.

You do beautiful work

Maybe its time to get back into Swaps :thinking:

4 Likes

Woooah! Love the old-school crafting! Beautiful!

1 Like

These are stunning! Lucky @geekgirl !! :star_struck:

1 Like

It’s soooo pretty.

the design makes me think of molecular formulas :smiley:

1 Like

So nice! Reminds me of family linens passed down generations.

2 Likes

:sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: Congratulations!! This amazing project is one of this week’s featured projects!! :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles:

1 Like