Table runner and Coasters - first weaving projects

I took a weaving course this month, the 4 coasters were used to teach basic patterns and how to actually operate the loom, the final project was the runner which I had to design and pick my own colours. Huge thanks to @photojenn for her help with ideas!

Finished size is 41.5” x 12”

I used 4 variations of zig zags

IMG_3348

IMG_3349

The coasters fresh off the loom

25 Likes

Wow! I love hand-loomed things, and your items are just beautiful! Well done!

1 Like

WOWZERS! Your first “real” project is really impressive. Congratulations!

1 Like

They turned out great! Learning a new craft is so exciting.

1 Like

Nicely done! How cool to see the various patterns in the white areas. Did you get an A+ in the class? You sure deserve it…love the patterns and the colors!

This is the most fun. Yay you, Cindy! I love that you tried this. Everything turned out so great.

1 Like

Your table runner came out great! So when will you be getting a loom? :wink:

2 Likes

Yay! Great job!

1 Like

They’re wonderful! Great job! :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are lovely!

1 Like

I can’t believe it’s your first weaving project - they are perfect and the colours you chose are so vibrant.

I just had a flash-back to summers in PEI as a child. There was a ‘craft summer school’ in North Rustico where we would go with my crafty mother. I recently came across a tote she wove there and wooden bowls she and my brother made.

1 Like

Very seriously thinking about it :smiley:

The instructor said I was her easiest student ever.

Nice memory. Community Schools are popular here, you can learn almost any craft, learn to play an instrument, learn to dance, learn new games and play a different one each week, etc.

1 Like

I love these!! Those zig zags are awesome. Love the variation in your coasters too! Colorful and useful…hopefully we’ll see more weaving from you! :wink:

1 Like

Wow, love them all!

I really need to give weaving another try. Every time I see other people’s weaving I love it.

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

these are fantastic!!
did you enjoy the process?

1 Like

I enjoyed it very much! Already wondering what else I could make.

1 Like

How cool, to have something you wove yourself! I love it!

1 Like

Gifts? :grin:

3 Likes

Gorgeous and useful! What a great combination.

1 Like