Tea time cards

Made for the Happy Mail craftalong, I wanted to send a card to everybody who was signed up before I got too busy with summer activities to do much crafting.

@Serenity & I spent so many hours making masterboards and then so many more fussy cutting, folding, gluing and stamping.

The tea-time theme was for August but mail seems to be taking a long time to arrive so I thought I’d send as early as possible. Wouldn’t you know it, these are arriving already! Oh well, like it says on the cards: It’s (always) tea o’clock!

I like how it looks like the cup is full of a swirling magical brew.

Reviewing them now it might have been nice to ink or otherwise smudge up the edges of the cups, tea & tags. At 40+ cards, I think I’d already clocked 30 hours at this point though so I was ready to be done.

27 Likes

These are freaking gorgeous! I love the effect you achieved with just the tiniest snippets of masterboard… and am trying to decide where I can display mine to be able to see it all the time! :tea:

2 Likes

LOVE these! :star_struck: Your masterboards always have so much visual interest :heart_eyes: Makes me wish I could look down onto the cup to see more :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

These are so great! I really love mine. Thank you!

2 Likes

I love mine as well…you are my hero for using the tiniest of scraps to make something fantastic!!!

3 Likes

These are just the sweetest.

2 Likes

Lovely use of the masterboards.

3 Likes

The tea themed cards are gorgeous!

2 Likes

These are all glorious! I love tea, the masterboards are all visually cool, and the little tea bag tags and everything came out perfectly. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

So pretty, and creative too!

2 Likes

Thank you all! It was fun working on the elements with my daughter & our friend.

2 Likes

I love them, they are amazing!
And I’m one of the happy recipients.
It will be cherished for many more years to come!
(And how I would have loved to be there with you making the masterboards and the cards.
Beam me up, Scotty!)

1 Like

I love these! Especially the tag on the teabag :grinning:

1 Like

Congrats! Your project is one of this week’s featured projects! You are awesome!

2 Likes

Woo hoo! These were a big hit in the Happy Mail and such a clever use of tiny pieces of masterboard!

One of my favorite cards ever!

2 Likes

I’m happy they are being enjoyed. The bits of mb represent many hours of fun messy crafting. Sometimes you don’t know what to do with those collages, it’s great when they find a thing to become.

3 Likes

I got one too! Even though I’m not a part of the Happy Mail swap thingy (yet!), it did make me happy indeed. Your mail always does @Magpie <3

3 Likes

Now I wonder if I might get around to drinking tea more often if it was so interesting to look at!

1 Like

Freaking cute!!