Teesha Moore Patch and/or Adult Merit Badge Swap Gallery

My merit badge from @wittychild arrived today!! She went with a biology/cells theme. I just love it. She even got the detail of the endoplasmic reticulum being attached to the nucleus. That is super nerdy cool in my book.

She even made a special calls-themed envelope that features my fabric nerd comic, Beatrice the Biologist!

Thank you! This really is the coolest package. :heart::petri_dish::test_tube::dna:

14 Likes

Yayyyy, I’m so glad you like it! (And only 2 1/2 weeks transit time, which is pretty good right now.) I’m sure I had to draw a cell’s structure aeons ago for school, but it had been a while and so involved a bit of Googling.

1 Like

The cell-fie is so cool!!!

1 Like

Yay, patches are here from @crafty-becky!

I had been interested in mini quilt block patches, organic patterns and abstracts, so these are right up my alley. And I love the colors. Plus she sent a ton of bird stickers, which will lend themselves to a notecard project I want to start. Thank you!

5 Likes

Pretty colors!

Pretty! I like how dimensional the quilt block is and I adore the colors & textures of the orange patch.

Oh I love the mini quilt patch!

@MightyMitochondria, I love the Cell-fie badge from @wittychild! Such a perfect patch for you, and she really nailed the details. What a fun envelope, too!

@calluna, your patches from @crafty-becky are just so sweet! They have a vintage softness to them, like they were made from pieces of grandma’s quilt. I really like the color palette she used. And, those are some tiny pieces of patchwork!

1 Like

Cell-fie…very clever and nicely done…such details in a tiny piece!!

Love those patches…the colors are gorgeous and to see a mini patchwork in such a small space!

1 Like

Omg! Cell-fie! LOL.

1 Like

I’ve received from @Annchen today and she created for me a fun “hangs clothes up” badge!

She crocheted a sun, then hung a clothesline across it! She wanted to add a bird to it, but settled with the dragonfly she could find. Isn’t it cute??

She sent me several bird cards—including my favorite–that is a bird very similar to the gorgeous grosbeaks that visited earlier this year.

The fun part in that is that there is a hole the red part of the belly that when you lift up you discover an apple! Super cute.

Thanks so much!

5 Likes

Brilliant!

That is so darling!!! I love the smell of clothes that have been hung outside in the sun!

What a unique take on a merit badge. Love it.

1 Like

I know! Such fun!

1 Like

I had fun making it so I’m glad you like it!

1 Like

After an agonizing wait, I’ve finally received 4 (four!) astoundingly great merit badges from @endymion!

Though I’ve tried to capture the sparkly thread used for this great lettering, the photo doesn’t do it justice. Even the background canvas has a metallic sheen.

I just had to show both sides of this sweet “Tree Hugger” badge, because the fabric on the back is so great. This one is going to be a real problem - I want to wear it, but if I sew it onto something, nobody will get to see the back. Hmmm…

How this shiny aluminium bug came to be, I may never know, but he now has a beaded edge and hangs from this ceremonial ribbon. Too wonderful for words.

My apologies to anyone who is nervous of spiders, because this one is so realistically stitched that I can see how it would freak people out. But really, isn’t it gorgeous? I can’t stop looking at its perfect little leg segments.

Even the card that Pam sent is perfect, with leaf skeletons (again, metallic sparkle didn’t show up on camera) delicately stitched down.

Thank you SO MUCH for these great badges. I will wear them with pride! I hope your package arrives soon - the wait is so painful.

10 Likes

Wow, those are so awesome. The spider is realistic! I really love the tree hugger one and am a huge fan of birch trees so love the backing fabric. Bot were you spoiled!

1 Like

Those are some really nice badges…I love the spider one, but I love insects of all kinds

1 Like

Those badges are crazy cool! I’d be torn about how to best display “Tree Hugger”, too… :wink:

1 Like