Teesha Moore Patch and/or Adult Merit Badge Swap Gallery

love all those knots…and I have no idea what the waterline stitch is called, but it is really pretty…

Oh my gosh. This is so brilliantly chilling.

LOL! It’s definitely not my first patch, just the first one I’ve made for you @AIMR! :laughing:

I made the tentacles by stamping the fabric using a stamp I had carved. Then, I outlined them in backstitch. For the suckers, I stitched on seed beads, which took the longest. I should have used French knots! For the ship, I used satin stitch, and for the sails, I did 2 methods for satin stitch- the left 2 sails were made by carrying the floss across the back, and the right 2 sails were made by stitching just to the side of where the previous stitch ended. I liked the second method much better! For the waves, I used 3 different colors of floss (I think) and did something called the feather stitch, which I’ve never done before.

I’m glad you like it! I was a little worried that it would be too far off theme :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh–I read your card in hurry because I wanted to post it…lol…oh shucks…I was feeling special…lol

The beads are really a so nicely placed to look like suckers…feather stitch…ahhh…I am going to have to learn that one…oh, no…it is perfect on theme…I hope we swap again!

2 Likes

You are special! I can’t believe I had never made a patch for you in any of the other patch swaps (about 12, I think) I’ve done!

1 Like

Well, I told you I got all confused in this swap with the round robin thing and thought I made the patch for you…etc. I know I looked at your science patches many times on Pinterest in the past, so I got even more confused…ugh…I am getting stay at home brain!!! lol

1 Like

Love frog prince and the tentacles!

1 Like

I received from our lovely organizer @MightyMitochondria, and squealed a bit when I opened the envelope!

All together:

Notice a theme here? I found a notecard covered in the best unicorn cat (unicat? Caticorn?) fabric, my badge, plus a drawing from her daughter.

AMB1

I had listed cupcakes, and cats, as possible themes, and I love the mashup of the two! The pink and purple are just the perfect shades to set off that combination, too.

The enclosed drawing of Displeased Cupcake Cat cracked me right up! I’ve seen that look once or twice on my own furkids. :cat:

Thank you for a purrfect swap package, and an excellent start to Tuesday!

8 Likes

Love!!!

I’m so glad it arrived safely. The unknown of no tracking number was driving me a little crazy.

Now it’s my turn to pace and wring my hands until your badge arrives safe and sound. :wink:

1 Like

I love mash ups…what a cute badge!

According to my kid & her bestie, it’s definitely “caticorn.” :smiley:

3 Likes

Here are the patches I sent @crafty-becky - using her theme of cute animals:

Made from the last remaining piece of clothing from my babyhood (I didn’t make the birds!)

Made from a fabric print that I received from our dear Nooo (is she here under a different name?), with the fabric on the back dyed by @Magpie. All I did was stitch the two together, tracing the design with stitches, and make some tassels:

8 Likes

These are so gorgeous. You clearly poured your heart into these patches.

I love that you shared a piece of your childhood (babyhood) with her. And, it’s so great that you made the second piece using materials from fellow crafters. I love everything about that patch!

2 Likes

It definitely is caticorn- I have a pair of socks and they came labeled as “caticorn.” :slight_smile:

And, cats and cupcakes- such a cute combo!

1 Like

The mini tassels are killing me! I love the bright happy colors in that patch as well…

and vintage fabrics have always been a favorite of mine in this swap…shared stories with others is the best!!! beautiful job, @calluna

1 Like

Thanky thanky! It was so enjoyable to work on these!

So much textures from all those little stitches. Love! :heart_eyes: