Teesha Moore patch sewing machine cover, finally!

Oh, I have only been planning this for seventy’leven years or so, lol. Finally, finally! I made a sewing machine cover out of TM patches and it is everything I’d ever hoped it would be!

I started out with a fabric cover and attached all the patches to that, then went back and hand sewed the patches together at all the corners with embroidery thread to marry the design. I decided against that carefully constructed hole for the sewing machine handle and covered it over.

My inspiration was the fabulous @roler’s beautiful cover from 2016, reinspired by @Abbeeroad’s awesome cover from 2019
What’s super awesome is that my patches are on their covers and their patches are on mine! Along with, among others, @curiousfae, @Wulf, @sheepBlue, @Phizzychick, @Bunny1kenobi, @JoyfulClover, and flyraeven. There are embroideries from @fatewineroses, @GMPNQ @thanate and @calluna (rescued when my tin from you started to fall apart, I saved all the bits!), and printed fabric from @Edel. There are a few of my own and a couple from my special friend Suereal who I miss very much.

This is going to make me so incredibly happy every time I look at it. It’s made of special memories and dozens of hours of crafty creativity from some really wonderful people. Thank you all!

28 Likes

It looks absolutely amazing!! This piece of art is such a treasure!!

1 Like

That is Fabulous!!!

1 Like

It looks great!

1 Like

It’s amazing! I love the variety of patches and how well you “tetris-ed” them together. And, using a smaller patch where the cords are is a brilliant little touch. It’s a work of art!

2 Likes

I have so much delirious love for this. I recognize so many of the patches!! But I was confused as I know I did not make you a TM! But there’s the slow cloth!! And I DO remember making that one!! And even remember doing the work!

The little woven one on the plug side, middle row, on the left? I love that one!! And the woven circle one on the other?! That one, two!!

I bet the rainbow side is your ‘front’. And the mushroom!!! Awww!!! So much love, all in one project!!

2 Likes

This is absolutely fabulous!!! I do recognize the ones from me, plus a few distinctive looks from other crafters! :slight_smile: I still smile every time I look at my own cover, as I’m sure you’ll be at yours for years and years to come! This really is the most wonderful culmination of so many years and so many different creative people’s work! Yours is also so much more neatly done than mine, lol! Gorgeous, gorgeous cover!

1 Like

This is awesome!! There’s a ton of different technique inspirations just looking at it. Now I want to make a patch, oddly enough! :grin:

1 Like

Very creative and fun!!!

1 Like

This is so cool and so creative, I enjoyed looking back at the inspiration posts as well! Strong work :slight_smile:

1 Like

So much love for this!!! Tons and tons of awesome patches made by awesome people. It’s radiating crafty love!

And that top!! :heart_eyes:

That one was from me!

I agree…love the woven circles!! And the red circle bottom left on the “rainbow” front. AND the face on that side…That one looks a bit like @Magpie irl. :wink:

1 Like

I seriously LOVE this!!! What a great use for TM patches. My favorite is the dog with the bow tie, but it’s hard to pick— there are so many that are fabulous. And of course, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts … just magnificent!

1 Like

Wow this is a blast from the past! This turned out so cool, and I love seeing some of the patches I remember stitching a long time ago :smiley:

1 Like

I love this. When I have a few spare minutes, I’m going to make one for myself!
What a super way to use all the craftiness!
Super work from everyone :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Just gorgeous!

1 Like

it’s perfect! what a great way to display these. you’ve inspired me to start designing something for mine as well.

i see a few i made on there…that feels really special. :relaxed:

1 Like

I was thinking - I didn’t send a TM patch. Then I spotted the toadstool! Yeah :grinning:
I feel really special to be included in such exalted company!

1 Like

What a great idea for using up TM patches! It’s great that you can see them every time you use your machine. So clever and well put together!

1 Like

You told me you were going to start making things for yourself and 2020…I am so pleased that you are! This is such a happy thing to make…the patches that you made combined with so many talented others really is wonderful to see. It is so very much your style as well…lots of color, lots of scrappyness…a treasure for you to enjoy!

4 Likes

Love it! I see my patches in there, and I love that!!!

I love my own sewing machine cover and I received so many lovely patches from my crafty friends. I really treasure it. I’m sure you will also!

1 Like