The Count and Potions Shop ATCs

I finally got brave enough to join the Ongoing ATC Swap, despite being intimidated for ages, and I’m so glad I did! Here are the first two cards I’ve made for it (and my 4th and 5th ATCs ever), for the themes “Count from Sesame Street” and “potions shop”:

For the count, I ended up printing out a fun numbery background, and then drawing three separate pieces (head, hand/scissors, word bubble), and cutting and pasting them on top.

This is a mixed media collage, using cardboard, three types of paper, pens, colored pencils, crayons, washi tape, aluminum foil, and fabric. It was so fun to make!

More ATCs to come! I’m having so much fun adding to my tiny collection, I’m sure I’ll be joining many more of these swaps! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

The Count is a great theme and you nailed it! I love that card!

The potions card is awesome, too. You are perfect for the ATC swap. So glad you joined! It is addicting, too.

1 Like

I’ve been intimidated too. I bought a pack of blanks two months ago. I love yours! So cool.

1 Like

Thanks! And speaking as someone who really was scared of this type of swap for years and finally just dove in, I can say that it was not difficult to get the hang of at all and in many ways is easier than a traditional partnered swap!

2 Likes

The nice thing about atcs is the can be made in any medium–so you can draw, paint, collage, mixed media; anything goes!

1 Like

I love them both so much! The count is one of my favourite characters :purple_heart:

1 Like

The count is spot on and those little potion bottles are the adorable

1 Like

Hmmm…maybe might give this a shot next year. Too late now! Anyway, I am working on a project right now that I am behind schedule, with (birthday present). Used to make a lotta stuff every Halloween back when the kids were younger.

1 Like

I really like these and I really like the clean work you do!! I mean that!

1 Like

Great work in both of these! I of course read the Count’s card in his voice, followed by an ‘ehh, heh, heh, heh.’ I really like the numbers ha ground and I agree that your drawing is spot on!
I like the wood background and the variety of potions on the second card. I also like the simplicity of the concept of shelves of potions.
The atc swap is lucky to have you!

2 Likes

Ah-ha-ha! I’m a sucker for Muppets, so the Count card just tickles me pink! (And I love that he appears to be a lefty, a la Jim Henson.)

1 Like

These are great. You have a knack for this!

2 Likes