The Past Is Gone art journal page

Today some folks from the Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong got together over Zoom for an actual craftalong. We followed a YouTube video for art journal pages. (I say “we;” I think I ended up straying from the video technique a bit.) Still, it was my first foray into art journaling, and I’m pretty happy with the results.
20200620_161449
I used book pages, security envelopes, acrylic paint, and gel pen. For the stamping, I just did bubble wrap and corrugated cardboard. “The past is gone, but something might be found to take its place” comes from the Gin Blossoms’ classic “Hey Jealousy,” which is now probably stuck in a bunch of heads (sorrynotsorry).

Thanks for looking!

P.S.~It was also my first time meeting other LCers/Craftsters in person(ish), and it was cool! Join us next time!

13 Likes

Love the colors you chose and that you used security envelopes!
Great page!
Thanks for playing!

Stamping with corrugated cardboard!!! :woman_facepalming: Can’t believe I NEVER thought of that! Genius!! Not only is this a dang good looking page, but I learned something new today, thank you! :kissing_heart:

It looks brilliant! love the colours!

Thanks, all! It was outside my comfort zone, and I’m really glad I tried it.

I had the same reaction when I saw that tip in the craftalong thread :laughing: It seemed so obvious, and yet…

1 Like

Love the combination of colors and texture you have here. So playful and interesting. It shows you had a lot of fun while experimenting with paint and art tools.