The Pumpkin Patch! (Wire Wrapped Pumpkin Pendants)

After about two weeks of trial-and-error (and much gnashing of teeth and feelings of utter imposter syndrome), I have come up with my newest design - pumpkins!

It’s been quite the process getting here but I’m finally happy with how they’re coming out. Each is made with copper wire, which I oxidize and polish to bring out highlights and shadows in the wire.

I’m so excited by them and wanted to show them off.

50 Likes

Woah, those are so cool! You are a rock star of wire wrapping.

4 Likes

Very sweet and pumpkin spicy! I love these.

3 Likes

I really like what you came up with!

3 Likes

Wow! These are absolutely stunning. I haven’t seen anything like these before. You did a phenomenal job on them. I love the little flower touch. I think the first one is my favorite. That stone is perfect for this. Very, very cool!
PS The blue one reminds me of Cinderella.

6 Likes

These are so much fun!

1 Like

Thank you! Let me tell you, I was feeling very much a fraud trying to perfect the technique and struggled to get it to come out consistently. Thankfully, I pushed through and now I have the feel for it.

That’s what my husband said! Great minds! :wink:

5 Likes

These are great! A little cute, but still grown up!

1 Like

These are awesome!! Your perseverance clearly paid off!

1 Like

@Smeddley will love these! I do too, really impressive.

1 Like

These are fantastic !!

1 Like

Beautiful & so intricate!
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

These are beautiful!! I love the added touch of the leaves and flowers. The curling pumpkin vibes are perfection!

1 Like

Your inner guru says: “The final result is not what makes you a rock star of wire wrapping; it is the pushing through and figuring it out.”
:lotus: :person_in_lotus_position: :rock: :star:

4 Likes

Wow! They are incredible.

How do you oxidise the copper? I’ve some copper sheets that I was making verdigris, by using acetic acid, it worked well, but then I tried to get fancy and create a stencil so that the verdigris was only in certain places-to make a picture- but that was a big fail. So I’m interested in what you use-if you can tell me.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I am loving on these so much!

1 Like

Those are absolutely fantastic! I’m in awe of your wire wrapping skills!!!

1 Like

So pretty and a good size too! I also like the curly vines, the leaf, and the little flowers you added. Your wire-wrapping is top notch. The quartz I wire-wrapped is years behind your skills.

2 Likes

These are fabulous! So clever and great results after all your battling through!

1 Like

gorgeous! I love the yellow and orange ones, but opalite is my favorite.

1 Like