Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

I really want to work on something else, but I will be making masks today…everyone is sick of their old ones…including me!

2 Likes

I have a stack half finished too. It’s so hard forcing myself to sew any more of those. Everybody is asking though.

1 Like

lol I am bribing myself…make a few masks, do something fun…blech

1 Like

I just posted the recipe in this thread. Maybe I’ll do a proper post. I always feel like an imposter posting other people’s recipes, but at the same time, others posting is how I’ve found some of my favorites…

Loving the mountain quilt, @Lynx!!

Yes, I also have a stack of unfinished masks staring at me…maybe tomorrow… :laughing:

2 Likes

I find the internet sites so overwhelming…I used to pin a lot of recipes but never knew anyone who really made them!

I do enjoy trying the ones you guys do since I am not a cook…it also helps me cut down on all the brain clutter that is overwhelming when there are way too many choices!!!

Plus, you have an “international” palate that appeals to me…I mean, bahn mi, curries, etc.

3 Likes

Posted!

@AIMR Enjoying local food is one of my favorite parts of travelling…I miss it!

2 Likes

We have a great take out sandwich place at the end of our street and another resto down the road, Caribbean, it’s so frikken good. This is a very foody town so we still pick something up at least weekly but I do miss dining out. Some things are just not as good in a container that got sweaty on the way home.

3 Likes

I had today off work and got ambitious to make something right away. So I used Edel’s heart pattern to make a little mug rug. I just took the heart part itself and added a strip on the side so it would be a rectangle. The binding came out a little messy but I used up some left over binding so can’t be too upset.

8 Likes

We have a lot of variety at our fingertips, too, but there’s something special about getting Philly cheesesteaks in Philly or soup dumplings in Chinatown or a peameal bacon sandwich in Toronto…:wink:

3 Likes

What a cute idea! I love your colors!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I didn’t get as much done as I hope to yesterday. Thursday nights are when I play games online with my brother, and we usually play things like Civilization where he takes forever to finish his turns and I get a ton of crocheting done as we play, but last night we played Stardew Valley so I had to actually have my hand on the mouse the whole time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I did manage to get about half a row done on my huge rainbow blanket, though, and it’s with a complicated stitch I’d never done before, so at least I didn’t do NOTHING! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Thank you! I liked how they look!

1 Like

Double not negative! I love it, lol.

I’m going to go look for topic posts for all your projects, I hope everybody has been making those!

1 Like

Here’s my thing today:

My lack of alignment on the heart is a little embarrassing, lol but good practice, right? :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

“It’s not nothing!” has been kind of my mantra for the last couple of years. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Gotta give myself credit for even the smallest things to keep motivation up!

2 Likes

I think it’s totally charming! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will try to post a few of our favourites this week! I love cooking elaborate recipes but most of my day-to-day recipes are fast and simple and fairly healthy.

2 Likes

I love that you and your brother have game nights scheduled!

3 Likes

You made a February quiltalong prompt and it is really fun!!! I love seeing @edel’s pattern being used in different ways!

2 Likes

I worked on the love blanket border but the dang thing is curling and I lost the nice drape i had before starting on it. I need to frog it back and start it over I think. Ugh.

2 Likes