Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

I think it’s totally charming! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will try to post a few of our favourites this week! I love cooking elaborate recipes but most of my day-to-day recipes are fast and simple and fairly healthy.

2 Likes

I love that you and your brother have game nights scheduled!

3 Likes

You made a February quiltalong prompt and it is really fun!!! I love seeing @edel’s pattern being used in different ways!

2 Likes

I worked on the love blanket border but the dang thing is curling and I lost the nice drape i had before starting on it. I need to frog it back and start it over I think. Ugh.

2 Likes

Day 5 thing!
@Abbeeroad , I thought about how to make it easier, maybe, to align corners. Check out my cheat!

6 Likes

One stretch elastic bracelet using leftovers red glass beads , firepolish & squares.

Started a Spring junk journal: cover is floral paper soft pastels Anna Griffin, papers with some of the bronze shimmer diy mix, free printable lady sewing, cut outs of roses from last year’s garden catalog, thick roses cardstock journaling cards, paperclips etc.

Some more coloring in Enchanted Fairies.

3 Likes

5th Feb

Started creating background cards for a pocket letter…

Not sure if I like it or not at the moment, so going to sleep on it and see how I feel tomorrow. If I still like it, I will finish off the stitching before cutting it up

11 Likes

Oh yeah! I can submit this for the challenge! Thanks for the reminder. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Magpie awesome!! I’m going to give this a try!

3 Likes

Day 5: May not get to an inchie today, but I did make a leftovers quesadilla for dinner. Burritodilla? I may have overstuffed it…

8 Likes

I was working on making masks today…well, working on, not actually doing…here is what I did instead…

12 Likes

That is absolutely beautiful!

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like I’ll finish a thing today as I’ve been hit with a migraine… but I did spend about an hour on an ATC this morning and made some progress on it, so I’ll call the bit I finished my thing for today :wink: Now I just have to wait for a certain someone to make a claim so I can claim them again and finish the card! :innocent:

4 Likes

I made this scarf today as part of my Operation Use Up Yarn.

9 Likes

Looks cozy…and dang, you are speedy! That’s like two scarves in a week?

3 Likes

I almost didn’t have anything today after spending most of the day snowboarding and most of the evening playing D&D, but at 10:30 I went and sat in my craft room to see if I had anything quick and easy to do. So I did find my cat socks in the mending pile that just needed a hole stitched up - it didn’t really bring any creative energy, but it struck something off of my crafty to-do list!

12 Likes

I will try to post a few of our favourites this week! I love cooking but most of my day-to-day recipes are fast and simple and fairly healthy.

I didn’t do any crafting yesterday, but after work I tidied up the living room and put my home office away for the weekend. We are expecting winterstorm Darcy later this day, so I covered up the strawberries and the garlic in the garden and today I’ll harvest anything we can eat right now (spinach and endive probably). I found the snowboots and we put an extra quilt on the bed.

I was already mentally preparing myself for having to enter a grocery store on a Saturday before snow is expected, but amazingly I was able to find a delivery slot for this morning. I always have food in the cupboards, and more than ever since the pandemic, but it’s nice to have fresh vegetables. We are ready for snow now, so time to get back to crafting today!

2 Likes

Fast, simple and fairly healthy is also what I like the best!

Jim made hearty beef and rice stew. It was warm, comforting and there was plenty to share with our elderly neighbor next door, who gets take away a lot since his wife passed…when Jim cooks in quantities, he likes to go over and just use food as an excuse to check on him.

I did make chia pudding and will add blueberries and cream to have for breakfast with some toast.

3 Likes

Things I did this morning.

Breakfast crepes from my old recipe 1977 BHG cookbook. Sort out teas drawer.

Hand sewing around small flowers on Meadow mini quilt.

Continue with my Spring junk journal. Found a paper I had tea dyed a printable of vintage hats. Was a bit too long so a sort of double fold and glue and now it has an edge to add bits. Embellishment of few index cards that I cut into smaller index cards.
Crafts thread in green to keep journal pages tied together but can still add pages inserting them from the sides.Add washi tape. Sorted out washi of 1 box.

The last small silk upholstery sample had just front so for the back used a quilt cotton hand sewed a mini folder to store my spare thin double sided tape roll.

Coloring book bit of coloring.

5 Likes

Yesterday I did some cutting for various paper projects; today, who knows?

4 Likes