Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

It might be because of COVID that it was cancelled. I know Cross Stitch Crazy was cancelled because the particular magazine company had to make some budget type cuts. I was sad because that was one of my favorites. :sob: It’s also UK based.

2 Likes

Cross Stitch Crazy is cancelled? :sob: I had no idea. I subscribe to CrossStitcher but I normally buy Cross Stitch Crazy and a pile of other craft magazines whenever I am in the UK (pre-Covid 1-3 times a year).

1 Like

Squeeeee, Much Ado About Nothing!! My absolute fav. :slight_smile: Also the card is positively gorgeous. Awesome jobs! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I love that one too!

1 Like

I went to see the publisher’s site affected also several other magazines like Cardmaking and Papercraft used to buy that one, sad it is stopped and Cross Stitch Gold just sad.

Went to look for back issues but like Magsdirect is none.

2 Likes

Today on Operation Use Up Yarn, I made this chunky woven cowl.

4 Likes

I got three little embroideries done. As soon as I sew them onto my linen towels, I’ll post them as a project. Getting things done each day is really motivating for me!

Of course, I got sidelined by the scarf made by @Lynx…had to go find yarn to make it, so guess I am not as focused as I should be…squirrel gets me every time!

5 Likes

Ooh, if you make it, maybe you’ll have a little more yarn than I did and you will get move of the weave and less of the holes! :slight_smile: I’m glad I found a pattern that encouraged you to try! It’s a quick make!

I’m currently re-learning how to C2C crochet for my next (non-scarf) make!

2 Likes

I still havent sat down with C2C to learn it… hasn’t stopped me from pinning and gathering more C2C patterns than one could do in a lifetime, tho! Haha

1 Like

I’ve seen lately a whole bunch of really cool C2C grid patterns that almost makes me want to make them. But, that would require me to acquire certain yarn colors and that defeats my Operation Use Up Yarn.

2 Likes

Ha! I feel a kinship to you on that one. I am also (mostly) working my yarn stash down. Not to stop doing it but more to get my stash to fit in the shelving i want it to live. That love blanket i just did is actually a c2c pattern that i worked up as a back and forth in order to work solely from stash and in a quicker turn around time.

2 Likes

lol I just realized that I sent off my bulky yarn to a friend…I thought I would never use it…see? That is why yarn people rarely get rid of their stash…lol…it never fails…oh well, I have plenty of WIP projects to do first!!!

EDITED: Found two skeins! YAY!

5 Likes

Day 8: I made a crock pot 'do for dinner, but it’s allll the way in the kitchen, so you’ll just have to take my word for it.

4 Likes

C2C is so simple, it’s repeats of only a couple very easy stitches. Dooooo it!

Day 8 is one last crochet FSM for teenmanboy, he laughed :smile:

11 Likes

I’m almost to the decrease portion of my C2C project!

hahaha another of your great FSMs!

1 Like

Lots of love for FSM @Magpie

You are flying through the yarn @Lynx!

I played around with my free motion foot. Had tension issues in the past. Got frustrated put it away. Thought I’d try again but nothing has changed. Pics are too embarrassing. :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: LOL!

5 Likes

I don’t think there’s a pro-snake saint.

I couldn’t join the Church of the Snake anyway - I’m a Pastafarian, a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. May His noodly appendages touch your life. R’amen. lol

7 Likes

Today I pasted the slithery stack of mail-game ephemera into a book before it could fall on the floor again. Now I just need to decide what I’m doing about the spine…

9 Likes

Oh, and from yesterday:

9 Likes

Dude! That’s the 6th one I’ve made lately, here are the rest!

2 Likes