Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Report if it works in the dutchie, we have an enameled oval but its far from non-stick I’m afraid. More like extra stick, lol!

1 Like

It’s really pretty, not too much of it sticking, but it’s lovely to look at.

You could try putting baking paper into the Dutch oven (do you even call it that there? We just call it a cast iron casserole)

2 Likes

I had no idea what a Dutch oven was when I first read about it online. Only when youtube became a thing I figured out it’s just plain old grandma’s braadpan (roasting pan).

2 Likes

I am trying a simple no knead bread…I regret that I gave away my bread machine when I moved…who knew bread would be so popular during a pandemic…to be honest, I only used it for the kneading part and we had such great bakeries, I rarely used it…but now…I am my bakery…I also want to make a good bagel…I am using recipes tried and tested by my friends here…the internet search will only yield hours of times down the rabbit hole…lol…off to start the baking!

2 Likes

My first thing for today! This is right after mixing all the ingredients together. It looks like a very thick pancake batter.

3 Likes

Ooo…can’t wait to see results!

I made a French Braid Mug Rug Mat today just to practice some piecing with my new 1/4" foot. Nothing too hard or fancy, but still managed to be juust left of perfect, like everything I do. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I just love your sense of scrappy style…it is really pretty and also one of my favorite patterns for mixing fabrics! Great job!

2 Likes

Love those bright colours!

2 Likes

Day 11: snow people ornaments! They are not 2 years late, how dare you?! They’re 1 year early! :grin:

12 Likes

lol I have about three projects I have not posted for the same reason…but yeah, I am ahead of the game!

Those are really cute!

1 Like

Super cute! Those carrot buttons are pefect.

@AIMR @Immaculata - You guys are sweet. :blush:

1 Like

They need coal eyes & buttons but I need to find that little vial…

1 Like

I did it! I baked bread!

Tore it open to see if it was edible…and then ate it! Yes, this will be part of my cooking skills set…not perfect, but edible and delicious! I found the recipe following Natasha’s Kitchen videos that @Abbeeroad posted for something else…lol

Cooking is anxiety provoking for me, so this is my thing today…time for a nap!

11 Likes

It looks artisanal and so YUM!

1 Like

I was looking for a bread that would be good with soups since my hubby makes the best soups. This would definitely work as it is dunkable…oh yum…and quite easy to make but a bit time-consuming…just waiting for it to rise, etc. I like @edel’s idea of making it night and letting it rise overnight…might try that next…

Jim went out right after the tp shortage and bought something like eight bags of flour and tons of yeast…this is the first time I have made bread with these supplies…I want to use them up before they go bad, so I will make some and freeze them for future use, but nothing smells like fresh bread!

4 Likes

It looks really fancy and expensive! Maybe I’ll try this one next.

1 Like

Only uses flour, water, salt and yeast! I can’t stop eating it…I probably could make myself sick and eat the whole thing…lol

2 Likes

Yesterday I made pickle dip with help from my little one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: made way too much as usual…

Today I’ve started a few ATCs and I’ve finally finished one!

7 Likes

Yesterday I started stitching my ferret hoop:

And today got half way done on a long-languished temari on the LC zoom call! Thanks for your company folks!

11 Likes

I don’t know that I could stitch with the pattern on the back like you do. My brain hurts just thinking about it!

3 Likes