Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Well, it didn’t work out:

Probably due to a couple of things:

• it’s quite cold here so I already noticed before baking that it didn’t look like bread dough is supposed to look after proofing
  • I used a written out recipe and it seems some details are slightly different from the video

So, I’m going to try again, this time following the video exactly and putting the pan in the warmest place in the house. I did see some activity, so the yeast is not dead. It has a good crust too so I’m not giving up on this recipe just yet.

4 Likes

Last night I made some more little heart booklets. I have them at school today so that my students can pick one out and decorate it if they would like. I’m thinking I might have to make a few more to send as valentines to a couple friends. (Well late valentines)

7 Likes

It looks like it needs at least another 20 mins baking, I wonder if it was really cold going in, it might have needed longer :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh no! :see_no_evil: Well, like you said, the crust looks good.

1 Like

That’s absolutely posssible, I already left it in a bit longer but I didn’t want to risk burning it. But cast iron can get really cold. It also didn’t really rise. I guess it was just a bit too cold in the kitchen overall.

2 Likes

Today I added a binding to my braided mug rug in an attempt to fix it.

I think it helped! I can still see the blemish, but it’s not as glaring. And, bonus, I learned how to hand stitch the binding!

14 Likes

It’s very pretty!

1 Like

Second attempt mixed together:

Already looks much better than the first one. I think the previous recipe I used was incorrect. I also opened a new pack of yeast just in case, but this looks like a dough, not a batter.

7 Likes

12th Feb

Fussy cut some vases of flowers for a pocket letter…

And a little on my cross stitch, progress so far…

8 Likes

Good luck!

We have been proofing on a shelf near a heat vent. It’s warmer that the rest of out chilly kitchen!

1 Like

Day 12 these things

I found a partially used kit at the thrift shop a while ago and brought it home. When I ran out of loops partway through a coaster, I had to find some more to finish and ended up buying a lot from some online shop. What was I even thinking, what do you do with these things? They are cute an all but I don’t seriously need more coasters, we have a set of leather ones from a cafe friends used to have and we have used them for years and never needed more than the 4 of them, lol. Anybody want these? I would be happy to send them to you in the mail…

5 Likes

Such pretty Aida!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s snowing here and I took some fun pictures of my kiddo (sorry, not sharing those publicly) and one of my “Snowy Succulents” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And I finished these ATCs

9 Likes

Today i worked on my hat WiP and a valentine gift for hubby- neither finished- and the completed thing of the day is this hot mess but super-fun-if-you’re-two cardboard house.

9 Likes

@AntBee’s hearts encouraged me to make some hearts of my own with the leftover yarn from my last Operation Use Up Yarn scarf and hat project. I haven’t decided if I am going to connect them vertically, so left the tails for now.

11 Likes

I love the shape you got with these!

2 Likes

I did some knitting on one of two scarves I have left in WIPS…they are boring so I can only do so much at a time. I figure if I do a few rows every week, I will have a nice scarf by summer when I don’t need it…

4 Likes

Omg I LOVE IT!! The feet sticking out is the best. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’ve been bad about about updating but I worked on a crochet animal kit. Today I’m working on making bread.

4 Likes

Fixed some holes in my man’s cashmere sweater & a pair of swants (sweater pants!) I made for myself a couple years ago.

10 Likes