Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Oh no! :see_no_evil: Well, like you said, the crust looks good.

1 Like

That’s absolutely posssible, I already left it in a bit longer but I didn’t want to risk burning it. But cast iron can get really cold. It also didn’t really rise. I guess it was just a bit too cold in the kitchen overall.

2 Likes

Today I added a binding to my braided mug rug in an attempt to fix it.

I think it helped! I can still see the blemish, but it’s not as glaring. And, bonus, I learned how to hand stitch the binding!

14 Likes

It’s very pretty!

1 Like

Second attempt mixed together:

Already looks much better than the first one. I think the previous recipe I used was incorrect. I also opened a new pack of yeast just in case, but this looks like a dough, not a batter.

7 Likes

12th Feb

Fussy cut some vases of flowers for a pocket letter…

And a little on my cross stitch, progress so far…

8 Likes

Good luck!

We have been proofing on a shelf near a heat vent. It’s warmer that the rest of out chilly kitchen!

1 Like

Day 12 these things

I found a partially used kit at the thrift shop a while ago and brought it home. When I ran out of loops partway through a coaster, I had to find some more to finish and ended up buying a lot from some online shop. What was I even thinking, what do you do with these things? They are cute an all but I don’t seriously need more coasters, we have a set of leather ones from a cafe friends used to have and we have used them for years and never needed more than the 4 of them, lol. Anybody want these? I would be happy to send them to you in the mail…

5 Likes

Such pretty Aida!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s snowing here and I took some fun pictures of my kiddo (sorry, not sharing those publicly) and one of my “Snowy Succulents” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And I finished these ATCs

9 Likes

Today i worked on my hat WiP and a valentine gift for hubby- neither finished- and the completed thing of the day is this hot mess but super-fun-if-you’re-two cardboard house.

9 Likes

@AntBee’s hearts encouraged me to make some hearts of my own with the leftover yarn from my last Operation Use Up Yarn scarf and hat project. I haven’t decided if I am going to connect them vertically, so left the tails for now.

11 Likes

I love the shape you got with these!

2 Likes

I did some knitting on one of two scarves I have left in WIPS…they are boring so I can only do so much at a time. I figure if I do a few rows every week, I will have a nice scarf by summer when I don’t need it…

4 Likes

Omg I LOVE IT!! The feet sticking out is the best. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’ve been bad about about updating but I worked on a crochet animal kit. Today I’m working on making bread.

4 Likes

Fixed some holes in my man’s cashmere sweater & a pair of swants (sweater pants!) I made for myself a couple years ago.

10 Likes

Love your swants…and the patches just up the funkiness of them…how wonderful to save a chashemere sweater as well…I tend to just shrink those…

My thing for today was my Zoom Art Journal Page

2 Likes

13th Feb

During a lovely zoom catch up with some of the Harry Potter Craftalong gang, I have had a very productive evening decorating the last colours for the rainbow mini book.

Plus did some more on my cross stitch

9 Likes

We found it at a thrift shop in the countryside for a cpl bucks. It’s Wayne Gretzky brand because doesn’t everybody think of cashmere & hockey together? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I shrink sweaters too. That’s why there are so many different patches! LOL!!

2 Likes