Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

13th Feb

During a lovely zoom catch up with some of the Harry Potter Craftalong gang, I have had a very productive evening decorating the last colours for the rainbow mini book.

Plus did some more on my cross stitch

9 Likes

We found it at a thrift shop in the countryside for a cpl bucks. It’s Wayne Gretzky brand because doesn’t everybody think of cashmere & hockey together? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I shrink sweaters too. That’s why there are so many different patches! LOL!!

2 Likes

I need more deets on them sweet swants, @Magpie, spill it! How, what of, all of it!

2 Likes

Its all lost to the cster void. So sad. I’ll see if there are any photos on my old computer. I have 3 pairs to finish. 2 are moth nibbled, so many holes to mend!

2 Likes

I created and added a mountain themed quilting sashing to January’s Puffin stitchalong prompt. I don’t know if that will fit the parameters of a “new” project, but I love how it adds to the puffin piece!

9 Likes

Me too!

4 Likes

Bit more mending for today…

9 Likes

I was hit with another migraine today :sob: but I finished the focal piece for an ATC claim and… made a fancy snow treat :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I thought the sprinkles were enough but it ended up needing raspberry syrup too :yum: all for my little guy who’s caught a cold

8 Likes

Days 11 and 12: Not a darn thing :woman_shrugging:. It happens.

Day 13: Finally made some headway on the ATC claims I’ve been procrastinating. One just needs some final touches and assembly. (The other needs me to figure out how I’m going to recreate a Squirtle, but that’s tomorrow’s thing :shushing_face:.)

2 Likes

I’ve made some headway on my hat today:)

12 Likes

Me for days 12 & 13! Motivation has been tough lately, and I’m trying to push away the perfectionism that tells me it’s not worth crafting because I spoiled my streak. Silly brain! I can jump back on anytime!

5 Likes

Ooooh, love the colors and pattern!!

2 Likes

I got almost nothing done Thursday and Friday, but tried to make up for it today. I made an ATC, both ears for my elephant, and four rows of my seaside afghan.

4 Likes

Looking awesome!!

2 Likes

I don’t think I posted the result. I failed again :frowning_face:

Opened a new pack of yeast, let it proof in a warmer place, gave it 20 more minutes in the oven. The crust didn’t look as good as the first one, the inside looks better than the first one but it felt both under- and overcooked at the same time. Will try @AIMR 's recipe next!

I also cross stitched for a bit yesterday.

So far today I’ve batch cooked 6 portions of curry for Mr Imma to take to work, and cross stitched.

5 Likes

I am making @roler’s sweet potato biscuits today!

5 Likes

Either of your fails would likely make good bread pudding, happy accident :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There are so many things you can make from old bread! Bread pudding, french toast, we already had like 3 grilled cheese sandwiches each over the past couple of days. Dice it and make croutons.

2 Likes

In cold weather, I put a pan of hot water at the bottom of the oven, to use it as a proofing box.

3 Likes

Here I was thinking you had to throw it out…glad to know it could be saved for other things…

Mine was eaten in two days! We had it with soup on day and then just ate chunks of it as a snack…so good with a bit of olive oil with garlic! I will make it again!

3 Likes