Art Journaling Craftalong - 2021

I like it a lot…the doodles of hearts on the edges really ties it to the heart in the center…did you leave it that color or did you cut out the heart and glue it on?

I had so much fun doing today’s session! I love painting with you all :art:

My one makes me feel happy. I drew a bunch of simple flowers to add to the bird collage and coloured them with Inktense to make them super bright.

Everyone’s pieces are so varied and beautiful!

@Kwality570 - The gold and purples are gorgeous, so much depth! and great quote, makes me want to put the jug on :coffee:
@geekgirl - This is wonderful, the layered multicoloured brushstrokes make the background come alive! and the quote matches the birds’ expressions perfectly :smiley_cat:
@marionberries - This has so much light in it! beautiful colours and textures!
@photojenn - Your doodle birds are super cute! the patterns and layers in the background have a lovely dancing effect!
@AIMR - This is so pretty with the layering and colours! it looks so soft and ethereal :cloud: :cloud: :cloud:
@JoyfulClover - The colours look so moody and cool! I think the doodling on the collage is working brilliantly, and your handwriting looks so good too!
@calluna - The depth of texture in your work is amazing! It’s so cool to see two different colour schemes - the orange spots on the blue ones add so much zing!
@curiousfae - Fantastic - it’s so bright and alive! The way you drew your border looks great!

Thanks so much for organising Carlee!!

10 Likes

Fun art session - thank you! Lovely to see all your beautiful pages. I’m inspired to have another go and try out some different techniques.

Here’s my one…

12 Likes

Your page looks wonderful @Bel! your birds are so sweet, and I love how the colours layer up together!

1 Like

Beautiful! I love the color you chose too!

1 Like

Today was super fun! I love everyone’s pages! I think this is my favorite one so far.

Here’s mine!

11 Likes

Nice work Abbs! Some people just know how to place objects and paint. Perfect!
Loved seeing you and your crafty pal!

1 Like

I drew it out ahead of time and cut it out. It was the easiest and quickest thing I could think of to draw. :joy:

2 Likes

All of the pages look fab - now I need to watch the video! Great work, everyone!

3 Likes

This is gorgeous @Abbeeroad! The mix of pinks really works with the background, and the layering of your stamps and brushstrokes looks great!

Lots of dotty blobs! I really did like this one…everyone did such a good job…each one has something very fun…extra layering, different colors, etc.

@Abbeeroad Your background looks like you painted on denim! Fantastic!

@jemimah love how you used the background technique but added in your birds and flowers in your personal style…and the flower stems…nice!

@Bel So nice to see the artist gene runs in the family! I love your circle in circles and also how you had two distinct colors in the background…that green is fabulous!

2 Likes

Lol. I just follow the video. Everyone else is so good at doing their own interpretation. I still need the training wheels, lol.

I hope she will join me regularly! We had so much fun.

3 Likes

I made another page this morning.

10 Likes

Love those spiral/crescents! Also, cute bird!

1 Like

@marionberries I love the triangles you have going on, great page.

@photojenn your birds are so cute! and I like the darker blue streaks in the background.

@AIMR i like how you added one of your blob colors around your birds. ties it all together

@JoyfulClover love mood on this one. I like the text and the color scheme.

@calluna great texture. good idea on making one to write on!

@LuckyXIIICreations would love to see what you make!

@curiousfae I think it looks great. love your doodles and the heart.

@jemimah fantastic flowers. I have been holding out on inktense but the colors are just so great. the stems gives the page a teesha moore vibe.

@Bel I like your dark edges and your circles. your purple birds are so cute.

@Abbeeroad great page@ love the little birds and the dark circles.

3 Likes

Your new page looks great! The bird is so cute, and lovely details in the layered textures and the lettering!

Thanks! I keep coming back to the Inktense, they are really versatile for mixed media (they even work on fabric), and the colours are vivid. I’ve been having a lot of fun adding black and white stripes to things ever since we did a Zetti challenge about a year ago!

3 Likes

@calluna I really like your own work on the mandalas, but tour quotes SLAY.

@jemimah your little paint daubs look like fireflies

@Bel your colors are so vibrant! Lime is one of my faves! So great you were able to make it!

@Abbeeroad I agree with Always! You somehow achieved a jean type paint wash! How did you do it? Also, I hope your friend had fun and will come back again! Ask if she wants to share hers as well!

@geekgirl this one has definite evening vibes. Esp with the little moons everywhere!

Zetti was the one who kicked it off for me! And when I see the b&w bands, that’s what it always reminds me of! Love!

2 Likes

I didn’t like how I did the words in my original piece…never thought to just use my word processor fonts to print out stuff…added a bit more purple since I like purple…

8 Likes

I watched the video for this one in preparation for participating, and I really love all of the interpretations! It seemed like a nice, non-intimidating layout, and it’s so cool to see how each of you made it your own.

There’s a good chance I’ll lose power at some point this week (ice is coming for at least one, if not 2 storms), and as long as I’m not dealing with falling trees, I might just play around a bit with some journal pages. I have an old book on the porch that was going to be used for another project, but the cover got damaged. So, I think it’s going to be my art journal. I think I’ll go through and pre-gesso a bunch of pages so they’re ready to go. I’m going to go and grab it right now…

3 Likes

I looked at the skinny book journal @geekgirl did and decided I really want to find an old book as well…I am unpacking boxes of books tomorrow from my move (over a year ago!)…

Sounds good to me…we can use them for the upcoming classes!

1 Like