Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

@Abbeeroad That twine is beautiful! I have a bag of twine and fabric strips for adding to it. I only use mine for tying gift bags though, nothing fancy :slight_smile:

@Edel I love your bee art! It’s so dreamy :heart_eyes:

Today I made clean laundry, unsuccessfully stalked the mail box (will check again later…), made a “template” (aka the plan didn’t turn out perfect) for some 4"x6" art, and made one ATC!

Will probably do more later but now I’m hungry :yum:

8 Likes

The roads were bad from our ice storm, so I had to reschudule my sinus surgery again. We were without power since 8 pm last night. It didn’t come back on until an hour ago. Even though I didn’t really craft anything today, I took more bird pictures with my new camera (with our icy background), edited them, and uploaded and ordered prints from Snapfish for more bird cards! I also ordered more fabric for my mountain quilt.

5 Likes

I love the fabric twine…and making those ornaments (balls) might be what my bored cats would play with!

I got up very early this morning to put some pork into the crock pot…I am making shredded pork to try out @Abbeeroad’s recommendation for Banh Mi sandwiches! While it was cooking away, I went to a seafood market down the street to pick up shrimp and oysters for tonight…Fat Tuesday, so we had to have Po Boy Sandwiches New Orleans style! While I was out (I rarely go out and only within about 5 miles from home), I picked up French bread and cookies at the bakery and did some grocery shopping at the Asian market. It was nearly 70 degress here, so it was a lovely day to be out.

I also sewed on a few more patches on my big project…ugh…hand stitching on heavy canvas is rough on the hands.

2 Likes

I hope you like the recipe!!

2 Likes

Nothing too crazy today. Worked on picking out some fabric for a project.

3 Likes

Here you go! ATC envelope tutorial :grin:

3 Likes

Sweater! So many holes. My fingers hurt.

5 Likes

I am sorry about your fingers, but there is something about a sweater covered with cool bubbles that is just amazing to me…like painting on clothing…

Well, following @magpie’s lead, my little embroidery floss holders arrived yesterday…all 200 of them…what was I thinking? I am not going to let myself get overwhelmed by this task…a few a day and I should be done by year 2025…lol

2 Likes

He really loves it but it matches my pants so well I may be wearing it myself sometimes!

The floss winding is slow going but I do it in bed at night while watching (mostly just listening to) silly tv if I haven’t got a more interesting craft I want to work on. It’s ok I don’t mind the bin of floss sitting out, it’s full of pretty colours. I consider it a decoration :smile:

2 Likes

I had just enough of this fun camera washi tape to decorate a set of these bird prints (not the new dslr shots yet).

8 Likes
  • Baked Banana bread muffins
  • Worked on my sampler
  • Went to pick up some new pots for the plants that will be delivered tomorrow, for my windowsill jungle. One pot is too big for the windowsill so I have to figure out where I’m going to put it.
  • Maaaybe I’m going to clean the microwave tonight
3 Likes

Day 17: Not feeling super crafty today, but I realized it had been a while since I’d Powerpuffed myself, so I played around on that site for a bit. (“Myself” being a relative term; I took some artistic liberties.)

5 Likes

Today I reorganized my stickers, made six cards for future Happy Mail, and made one ATC :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Birds!! Chirp chirp!

2 Likes

Inspired by @Reinikka, I made some envelopes today from an old calendar of Beatles lyrics.

Because I don’t have a fancy tool, I used a tutorial.

I didn’t make it through all the calendar pages so stay tuned for round 2.

Oh! I also mended a dress today:

Not the prettiest but gets the job done. Now taking bets on how long it will last.

9 Likes

I finished sewing all of the patches onto my tote bag project…tomorrow, I will iron it and make a separate post. I did a total of 38 patches embroidered onto canvas over a couple of day…my elbow and fingers hurt from stitching, but I really wanted to get this one done.

6 Likes

Catching up on posting - Monday, worked on my temari

Tuesday, baked tofu (current favorite recipe for tofu) to throw in meals throughout the week, like this ramen with bok choi and shitake mushrooms

Today, did a bit more stitching on my ferret hoop! Hoping to get this done before the end of the month.

10 Likes

Yum! I love tofu :heart: I usually just toss it in stir-fry though. Nothing as fancy as you did!

2 Likes

17th Feb

Quite a lot done on my cross stitch today, the lower half is now complete :smiley:

10 Likes

I can’t show the pocket letter I am working on. I can show the turkey vulture I just had to watercolor.

I’m on my phone, or I’d link to it’s post with story.

8 Likes