Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

I don’t like it with the tail…looks like a lollipop! :rofl: It is just gorgeous and highlights your stitching with the neutral heart frame!

1 Like

Ok easy fix. I’ll just put those pretty buttons back in the stash!

1 Like

I love the little red section where you left the corner turned up…a hole in the heart that has mended!

2 Likes

That is actually completely stitched down, it’s a bit of vintage bark cloth from the piano bench cover I sewed when the kids were taking lessons. They’ve both given it up now so we gave the piano away to a neighbour. I am going to rescue that fabric to make a tote for my sister, she loves bark cloth! I’ll recover the cushion with something else for the neighbour. She took that turquoise basket off my hands and it’s on the piano at their house so I know her colour scheme…

1 Like

I love that heart! I am also on team no tail :wink: :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like

Love the heart @Magpie! Loooove that boro stitch. :heart:

I finished my knitted project today. It’s a headband/ear warmer.

I followed the Hot Mess Headband tutorial.

8 Likes

Oh mercy, Abbee, that looks so good that I looked at that pattern but it just hurts my brain. I can crochet next to anything just by imagining the shape but knit messes up my head space.

Now it’s made, I’m not sure I want to keep that boro heart piece. What should I do with it? I’m confused about how that raffle swap works, I could check that out. Or does one of you like enough to want it for yourself? If more than one of you like it that much, I do have another piece of boro and more of that felt. The fabric on that one is more subdued with a scrap that has a windmill printed on it. It’s cute, I’ll get a pic…

1 Like

:raising_hand_woman: :heart_eyes:

I like it enough!!! :smile:

I love that you used bits of yarn that you used in your samplers! Now you can see the results of your hard work! Love that pattern…just like one big cable … I think I will make a few of those in cotton for the summer. Nice job…and you did a great job on the edges!

It’s all just one big skein of yarn that changes color as you go…Not sure the technical term for that, lol. I’m actually not sure what to do with my swatches. They are still hanging around.

That twist in the middle took me 4 tries to get right! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I finally finished these curtains to cover up my extra kitchen stuff junk. The built in bookcases once held a ton of electronic equipment; I needed it to hold specialty foods, cookbooks, small appliances, etc. Since it was in the den, I didn’t like it exposed.

Also in the picture: the $50 cat scratching post my cats won’t use…the cardboard box it came in is in the kitchen, which they do use… :rofl:

6 Likes

I like it enough, it is beautiful :smiley:

That looks great! I feel your pain on the cat items… fancy cat bed = boring, towel that fell on the floor = best thing ever!

1 Like

Cats, man… maybe it’s just in the ”wrong” place for them? Or the stars haven’t aligned yet. Who knows?

1 Like

I followed @susieoregon’s basket idea and created this fun square basket.

20210225_155306_resize_30

8 Likes

Now that is interesting…we are a community of yarn basket makers…I like the square shape!

1 Like

I had to take a break from pumpkin bears for a while! Maybe they need to sit in the basket a bit!

2 Likes

25th Feb

Apart from a bit on my cross stitch, made some twinchies in a specific colour theme - just a sneak peek until they arrive with my partner

5 Likes

I missed today. I just cant function in yarny style today as my toddler is experiencing a fantastic sleep regression with separation anxiety and possibly some 2 year molar teething for good measure, the over-achiever.
I am so, so tired. Zzzzzz I don’t want to mess up and have to unknit rows on the hat so i’m letting today go.

5 Likes

I made one ATC today

5 Likes