Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

They need coal eyes & buttons but I need to find that little vial…

1 Like

I did it! I baked bread!

Tore it open to see if it was edible…and then ate it! Yes, this will be part of my cooking skills set…not perfect, but edible and delicious! I found the recipe following Natasha’s Kitchen videos that @Abbeeroad posted for something else…lol

Cooking is anxiety provoking for me, so this is my thing today…time for a nap!

11 Likes

It looks artisanal and so YUM!

1 Like

I was looking for a bread that would be good with soups since my hubby makes the best soups. This would definitely work as it is dunkable…oh yum…and quite easy to make but a bit time-consuming…just waiting for it to rise, etc. I like @edel’s idea of making it night and letting it rise overnight…might try that next…

Jim went out right after the tp shortage and bought something like eight bags of flour and tons of yeast…this is the first time I have made bread with these supplies…I want to use them up before they go bad, so I will make some and freeze them for future use, but nothing smells like fresh bread!

4 Likes

It looks really fancy and expensive! Maybe I’ll try this one next.

1 Like

Only uses flour, water, salt and yeast! I can’t stop eating it…I probably could make myself sick and eat the whole thing…lol

2 Likes

Yesterday I made pickle dip with help from my little one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: made way too much as usual…

Today I’ve started a few ATCs and I’ve finally finished one!

7 Likes

Yesterday I started stitching my ferret hoop:

And today got half way done on a long-languished temari on the LC zoom call! Thanks for your company folks!

11 Likes

I don’t know that I could stitch with the pattern on the back like you do. My brain hurts just thinking about it!

3 Likes

Both of those are wonderful starts to projects…the temari is looking like a very complicated one!

2 Likes

My thing-a-day is an hour on my hat just-for-me which is always pushed aside for gifting projects.

9 Likes

Those colors are to die for!!! So pretty together…

2 Likes

Thanks! I can only take credit for buying them. The colors are the ones in the pattern design and are definitely the reason I bought it… in 2015! I’m glad to be working on it finally.

1 Like

I finished the scarf, but still have this much yarn left in these colors. I guess I’ll try to make a matching hat then see where I am before maybe adding fringe.

8 Likes

Nice work…and blending those colors together makes it interesting…I am sure he is going to like it…it would be nice if you could get a hat out of what is left as well…

2 Likes

Took a break from the Olympic ATCs and made this one instead

9 Likes

11th Feb (posting a day late :roll_eyes:)

Not much craft mojo today, but managed a simple valentines card for a friend - he wanted something cute for his daughter to give her mum. But forgot to take a photo first :frowning: And a bit more on my cross stitch

3 Likes

Well, it didn’t work out:

Probably due to a couple of things:

• it’s quite cold here so I already noticed before baking that it didn’t look like bread dough is supposed to look after proofing
  • I used a written out recipe and it seems some details are slightly different from the video

So, I’m going to try again, this time following the video exactly and putting the pan in the warmest place in the house. I did see some activity, so the yeast is not dead. It has a good crust too so I’m not giving up on this recipe just yet.

4 Likes

Last night I made some more little heart booklets. I have them at school today so that my students can pick one out and decorate it if they would like. I’m thinking I might have to make a few more to send as valentines to a couple friends. (Well late valentines)

7 Likes

It looks like it needs at least another 20 mins baking, I wonder if it was really cold going in, it might have needed longer :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes