Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Today february one did several little crafts in between house chores.

Stitched 27 beads around the mini Meadow quilt wallhanging ( on picture at post Pencil Case is in background before I add beads)

In my newest coloring book painted small highlights with my new Derwent metallic paints like the lilies stamens etc.

Cut out from packing paper small tulips for depth in acrylic paints, glued in my A6 art journal painted with white acrylic. Let dry. Added a thin edge of Copic Cerise accent.

Hand sew one side of quilt fabric pillowcase for my sick/illness bed.

Cut out 1 apron pocket with free pdf pattern from Sew4Home out of scrap quilt fabric.

Draw a sketch of Joey the otter from Youtube videos in soft pencil in size A6.

Evening some coloring in other coloring book with color pencils.Floral Bouquets Charlene Tarbox I have this double. Was my very first adult coloring book, bought when I went online in 2004 when DD started school and I had some free time to start with pc.

8 Likes

Pizza!

We’ve been practicing dough making with the kids. This one turned out pretty good!
I make the sauce from scratch & we grate real mozzarella cheese, nomnom.

15 Likes

Day 1: I cut down a masterboard for my inchies. There are more than I’ll need here; I just measured out a bunch to give myself options.

10 Likes

I’m sure you’ll be able to find a use for the extras! XD

3 Likes

Mind if I join you guys for dinner?? Looks great!

I spent the first day of February going through my scraps and cutting them up. Now my back and shoulders hurt and I still have more than half to go. But I’m getting there! There will be lots of scrap projects in my future.

5 Likes

I’d like to try to create a thing a day… even if it’s just part of a thing a day :wink:

Today I made the background for nine ATC’s that will be part of my first ever pocket letter! Oooooh aaaaaah! I got a decent amount done on them other than the background too, just getting started was my goal today and I did it, yay! I can’t share pictures yet because it would spoil the surprise for someone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thing-a-day sounds like great way for me to carve out time for crafting.

Today my quick thing was modgepodge-ing a shed from one of my work snakes on a canvas and sticking it in a frame. This was a bit of an experiment for a project I want to try with some of my personal snakes sheds.

13 Likes

Hmmmm :upside_down_face:

@lady4feet That looks really cool.

1 Like

I’ve done some work on a cross stitch. It’s a fun Godzilla themed pattern. I’m planning on making it into a wallhanging for a friend.

6 Likes

I was going to do a start to finish project first but got caught up on a longer project and did 24 rows on that instead.

4 Likes

Today I finished one ATC, and started crocheting a butterfly amigurumi for my coworker who just had a baby. :slight_smile: The afghan kit did arrive, but the next new stitch is a little complicated and since I was crafting while playing D&D tonight, I couldn’t give it my full attention. I’ll do it soon though! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes, so sparkly, it is so pretty :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have to ask what you do that you have work snakes?

I had intended to do some actual crafting yesterday but the day got away from me. I did try a new recipe for dinner so counting that I guess:

9 Likes

Very grey sky today so do not see very well. Choice of green DMC floss to do some embroidery on the apron pocket.

Decorated with washi tape the empty honey glass jar I keep colored pencils in, that I am using to color in a few pages this week.

Hand sewed from upholstery samples a folder to keep my thin double sided tape in.

Started my first pocket letter of 4-pieces.

Hand sewed small folder 15 x 9 cm of pink quilt fabric add a thin ribbon embellishment in wine at side top.

Painted a background in my small art journal A6. Mixed from acrylic paint sap green with gold and emerald green just a little paint mixed on the yoghurt plastic transparent lid so no palette cleaning.

Mixed a bronze green shimmer liquid to add color to my papers for junk journals. Bronze green.Ecoline/liquid watercolors: 1/4 pipette brown sienna and 1/4 pipette light green, boiled cooled off water, 1/3 pipette iridescent shimmer medium Winsor & Newton in a clean sterilized hot sauce bottle. Left some headspace when adding water as it needs shaking before use.Brush on white copy paper with watercolor soft mop brush and leave to dry on top of central heating radiators.

6 Likes

I didn’t even catch the “work snakes” bit. Now I’m super curious!

@lady4feet we need answers! :laughing:

2 Likes

We had some snow overnight, so instead of my kids having their first in-person school day since March, they are having a snow day. My sweet daughter is disappointed! The birds are out like crazy, so I took and edited a few pictures:

(These’ll be pretty on cards!)

I’m also now adding a border to my scarf and that will be done!

14 Likes

I sewed another block…later this afternoon, I will be making some felt embellishments for another project…I like having things to do while I binge watch stuff on Acorn TV…

20210202_090419

7 Likes

It’s important to keep your work snakes separate from your personal snakes.

5 Likes

I did Hourly Comics Day (posted on twitter: https://twitter.com/thanate7/status/1356423209495769091?s=21), made cookies, seasoned tiny cast iron skillets to make different cookies in today, and soup for dinner. Many things, half of them devoured already.

8 Likes

Can I join thing-a-day? Does crafty organization count as a thing? It will probably take all month. :upside_down_face:

If so…I have my submissions!
Feb 1: Organized my fabric and two shelves on one of my book shelf.

Feb 2: Still cleaning and came across a gorgeous planner I won online. It was truly gorgeous but the actual planner layout was not my style. It was dated for 2020. Instead of chucking the whole thing in recycle I tore out all the divider pages and note pages and trimmed them. Now I have a gorgeous pile of notes and gold foiled card stock for craft goodies.

13 Likes