Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Those are lovely paper pieces!!! I spent the first week of January chopping up our 2020 calendar and my 2020 planner into squares for envelopes, pieces big enough for notes & letters, and pieces for other random crafting :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It was therapeutic to “destroy” that terrible year! lol

Today my goal is one (or more) ATC. I think I need to set the pocket letter aside and come back with fresh eyes later :slight_smile: My secondary goal is to check the mail and write a letter or two

3 Likes

that would make a great cross stitch. because. snakes. gotta keep 'em separated.

3 Likes

So how do we feel about the separation of church and snake?

8 Likes

Your bird photos are just beautiful! I support the National Audubon Society so I get their magazine and calendar each year…you should see about submitting some of your pictures!

5 Likes

I support that.

2 Likes

Feb 1 I did a bit of hand sewing on this quilt to finish it off

Feb 2 I made some economy blocks. I think I’m going to need at least 60, this brings my total to 25.

I also made an oven cooked butternut squash and saffron risotto, but I over cooked it. It’s yum, but stodgy-on the upside, arancini tomorrow

13 Likes

Did my thing today!

Quiltalong BOM:

9 Likes

2nd Feb - spent a couple of hours adding to my cross stitch

10 Likes

One ATC done and ready to mail! :kissing_heart:

13 Likes

Strong starts everybody, I’m so happy to see your pictures!

3 Likes

I love the idea of this craftalong! I don’t think I’d be able to maintain a thing a day, but I do look forward to seeing everyone’s pictures!

2 Likes

Unless it’s a Church of the Snake (is there a pro-snake saint? all I can think of is the St Patrick myth…) then probably this would be a pretty popular separation.

We have made our large cookies in the newly seasoned tiny cast iron pans, and I am working on tying the last pendants for little suncatcher kits for my kid’s birthday “swap” (take home party projects in a bag.)

6 Likes

Today I used the rest of my holiday card scraps to freehand cut some gift tags:

And decorated (a bit late) the January landing page for my workbook/journal:

It’s all tissue paper glued to the pages, then a bit of paint to darken the letters.

10 Likes

Day 2: A

8 Likes

So far today I did another 10 rows on my blanket project. It’s not super exciting, but i really want it to be ready ship for hopefully a Valentines day delivery.

4 Likes

Cookies!

I worked late again today and came home to find the girl child struggling with her first ever batch of choco-chippies. They are delicious! Though they ate up my crafting time for this evening. At least I’m getting something done, lol.

10 Likes

I cut more fabric today! About 75% done. Next step will be figuring out what I’m going to do with all my scraps!

4 Likes

I’m trying really hard to hold off baking cookies until the weekend, but these are not. helping. :laughing:

3 Likes

She was so funny, in a right panic when I walked through the door. I admire her courage to just into new things she’s never tried with confidence she will do great but, lol, a read through and making sure you choose a recipe that doesn’t call for tools we haven’t got might be a good idea. We ended up with a soupy overly pureed batter since it went through the food processor instead of a stand mixer. They called for oil but all we’ve got is olive and rock hard coconut which was never getting creamed by hand! Still tasty though.

7 Likes

bahahaha. i have no words. or all the words.

1 Like