Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Those pancakes sound fantastic!

Yesterday I continued work on my swap project, and finished today! I really like how it came out, but I’m not able to share yet so here’s another teaser:

7 Likes

This is all that is left of the black/grey yarn. Since I was using two balls at once to use up more faster and be thicker, I need to unroll this into two balls, then I will be good finished with my latest Operation Use Up Yarn. I’ll have to take a break because I’m wondering if all this non-stop crochet has been part of the cause of my shoulder/neck pain.

5 Likes

My thing for today is/was a yarn basket but it was horrendous so it is being frogged so as not to harm anyone else’s eyes haha.
My husband came into the room and looked surprised. “Where’s the hat?”
“Shhhhh, it’s sleeping.” (Points to glass bowl o’hat.)
“Whaaaaaat!? You were so close! You started something else instead!? I cant handle this yarn stress!”
:joy:

7 Likes

I finalized my design for the St. Patrick’s Day Card Exchange and have one and some change done. :green_heart: :shamrock: :green_heart:

2 Likes

I converted the sleeves of a sweater I shrank into wrist warmers…

Then, I finished my embroidery panel for some blue linen towels…I hope to finish the other one this weekend, but I have a lot of cleaning and decorating to do…at least I will make it through February doing something creative every day!

4 Likes

So cute! Hard to believe it’s only 2 inches square!

3 Likes

I revisited the DGY bowl/basket project today and managed something I dont hate. Now back to the hat.

10 Likes

Love the black around the top!

1 Like

Thanks! I felt it needed a bit of an anchor for all that color.

3 Likes

Oh, that is lovely! I have some recycled sari silk from a pair of gloves I frogged ages ago. It deserves to shine in an object like that. I think I may just borrow your idea and make myself a little bowl or basket…

1 Like

I was thinking of starching it to keep shape, but would that do bad things to the color/yarn? I’ve never worked in silks.

1 Like

I was going to crochet around clothesline but didn’t have enough…that is why I paired it with the bulky yarn…I don’t see why you couldn’t starch it…they starch silk shirts all the time…I even throw my silk shirts in the wash…people have to wash their clothes around the world…I would think silk and cottons would hold up well…the only issue might be the dye running…

1 Like

Love that colorful bowl @AntBee!

I finished an embroidery today based on one of my favorite characters in the show The Magicians.

10 Likes

@Abbeeroad - I really must go back to that show, I have only seen the first couple of episodes. Love the embroidery

27th Feb

Started on Ravenclaw…

Tried a new recipe - https://thegirlinspired.com/homemade-sweet-dinner-rolls/

They are so good

And finished off some paper tulips…

8 Likes

Those tulips look real!

2 Likes

I was just thinking that!!

2 Likes

Today I stitched some more on my ferret hoop! My original plan was to finish her this month for the stitchalong, but we’ll see what tomorrow feels like.

6 Likes

Lovely stitching…take your time…so worth it…

I made artichoke/olive/rice-a-roni salad…one of my husband’s favorites! I also put together an end table for my guest room by…following the directions! YAY.

Finished my fish embroideries and hope to get them sewn onto the towels tomorrow for finishing the month!

March is National Quilting Month and also Mushroom Madness!!!

3 Likes

I finished making cards for St. Patrick’s Day (assuming I only need nine :wink: ) And we made pizza for dinner as a family (I helped… a little). Bought the raw dough, I cooked the chicken, the husband did the veggie chopping, dough shaping, cheese grating, and sauce spreading… but then the kiddo and I put the toppings on the pizza, so I get some credit, right?? :wink:

4 Likes

I worked all day & got everything moved around in 3 basement rooms & the living room. I just have to tidy up & then I’ll be able to use my new crafting space, yah-hoo! I am so happy to have it done, starting March off right!

4 Likes