Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

It’s all just one big skein of yarn that changes color as you go…Not sure the technical term for that, lol. I’m actually not sure what to do with my swatches. They are still hanging around.

That twist in the middle took me 4 tries to get right! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I finally finished these curtains to cover up my extra kitchen stuff junk. The built in bookcases once held a ton of electronic equipment; I needed it to hold specialty foods, cookbooks, small appliances, etc. Since it was in the den, I didn’t like it exposed.

Also in the picture: the $50 cat scratching post my cats won’t use…the cardboard box it came in is in the kitchen, which they do use… :rofl:

6 Likes

I like it enough, it is beautiful :smiley:

That looks great! I feel your pain on the cat items… fancy cat bed = boring, towel that fell on the floor = best thing ever!

1 Like

Cats, man… maybe it’s just in the ”wrong” place for them? Or the stars haven’t aligned yet. Who knows?

1 Like

I followed @susieoregon’s basket idea and created this fun square basket.

20210225_155306_resize_30

8 Likes

Now that is interesting…we are a community of yarn basket makers…I like the square shape!

1 Like

I had to take a break from pumpkin bears for a while! Maybe they need to sit in the basket a bit!

2 Likes

25th Feb

Apart from a bit on my cross stitch, made some twinchies in a specific colour theme - just a sneak peek until they arrive with my partner

5 Likes

I missed today. I just cant function in yarny style today as my toddler is experiencing a fantastic sleep regression with separation anxiety and possibly some 2 year molar teething for good measure, the over-achiever.
I am so, so tired. Zzzzzz I don’t want to mess up and have to unknit rows on the hat so i’m letting today go.

5 Likes

I made one ATC today

5 Likes

Love that quote

1 Like

26th Feb

Bit more cross stitch, and Hufflepuff is now complete :smiley:

Onto Ravenclaw next

12 Likes

I did today’s art journal class prompt and played around with some of the techniques so far to make some cards. I’m not sure if I’ll add to these or keep them as is:

10 Likes

I like them! I turned some of the Zoom pieces into notecards…you could add words or an image but I like them just as they are. I know I use cards that I get from others down the road…saveable stuff!

Nice expressive work there!

2 Likes

Today I made a twinchie :smile:

10 Likes

Perfect - I love the colours and the cute cat

That’s adorable!

Worked all day with teenmanboy getting the basement organized. I am dirty, tired, and achey and we’re still only about 1/4 of the way there.

4 Likes

Days 24 and 25: Not much worth showing, but…

Day 26: Made pancakes! Apple Berry Pecan, and then a couple of confetti because lately I will put sprinkles in any food product that might reasonably take them :woman_shrugging:t2:.

6 Likes