Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

Pence in rainbow underwear…lol

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, yes, I remember that one!! So funny!

1 Like

I giggled to myself reading this as “ le puff” in a French accent.

2 Likes

Yay, you did it!! :grin:

1 Like

Today’s mini project was letterlocking some notes to put in packages to friends (part of a silly mail game.)

Oh, and stir-fry. :green_heart:

6 Likes

Day 3: S

5 Likes

I did more rows on the blanket finishing the body of it. Now to settle on a border plan and then hopefully get it in the mail by Monday.

11 Likes

Ooo that looks great!

Can’t wait to see the snow dye reveal @Abbeeroad :heart:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Well I had kind of a down day, but did manage to thread wrap this temari base (the core was already done) - I definitely would not have done this otherwise, but I wanted to have something to show here. :yarn:

10 Likes

I imagine wrapping is quite meditative and soothing…what a beautiful color!

2 Likes

It did let my thoughts kind of float while my hands were busy, which was nice!

3 Likes

Those buttonholes are awesome @Magpie

Looks at watch. @Abbeeroad are we there yet?

1 Like

Last night I worked more on my Godzilla cross stitch. I am finally working on Godzilla so it’s going good! It’s been a lot of fun. I have done a couple little cross stitches before but this is much bigger.

2 Likes

Yes! Quick shot while still hanging to dry:

I also did a pile of scraps and a couple little bags:

Blue/green definitely dominated. I love the way the tied ones came out (2 on left). I wish I’d tied them all now!

14 Likes

I quite like the ones on the right! They look like they would be wonderful for any kind of sky, space, galaxy project…white embroidery would be lovely on them as well!

Beautiful…but still not going to go into snow country to try this! :rofl: Is there such a thing as sand dyeing?

3 Likes

They are all amazing, but that streak of purple :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Trying out this Banh Mi recipe tonight. Pickling some carrots and cucumbers:

6 Likes

Just finished my February BOM for the quiltalong.

9 Likes

Finished hand sewing my new pillowcase.

Inventory of my threads running low on most used colors.

Went to shop for threads, ordered glass beads online instead.

Adult coloring book Enchanted Fairies came in the mail today and new to me coloring pencils Black Edition - Faber Castell. So instead of more crafts did some coloring.

Went for another try to shop for threads ended up at PaperBlanks Sale could not resist.

3 Likes