Thing-A-Day February 2021 Craftalong

I didn’t finish any single thing yesterday, but I did do one whole row on my huge rainbow afghan, and 3.5 rows on my smaller seaside afghan. I’d like to TRY to actually finish something as many days as possible in February, but since I’m working on a lot of larger projects, I don’t know how feasible that will be. Still, I did stuff!

5 Likes

I know what you mean! My projects are usually not one day-ers so i’ve been setting a goal of so many rows or so much time for those. Today i did a start to finish one finally specifically for this challenge -along:

It’s not perfect (but whose heart is?) but the goal was do something stsrt to finish with the yarn I got in a subscription box before the next one comes any day now! :heavy_check_mark:

10 Likes

That’s so cute! And the colors are GORGEOUS!

1 Like

Thanks! It’s a worsted weight silk roving from Darn Good Yarn:

5 Likes

I fixed some holes in my favorite scarf this morning, and then spent Way Too Much Time on making a “mystery search thing” that my kid decided I absolutely had to do for her last night and has been pestering me about non-stop since then. (a picture with a secret message cut up into bits, each of them hidden with riddles and puzzles for clues to find them. Not what I wanted to spend today doing, but bored kids…)

5 Likes

Ooh very nice. I love the flash of green in the one on the left… It’s fab

1 Like

4th Feb

No additional letters, but Le Puff has a little more surrounding colour now

And the purple pages for the mini book - it is hurting a little to not do indigo and violet, but if I did both, I would have to pick between black and white, so went with both of them and just one purple

9 Likes

Feb 4th: I’m working on a basket type project and am waiting on some supplies but I finished the outside of it today! (And always, I did some cross stitching.)

10 Likes

I finished cutting, tomorrow I will get to sew again! And with the cutting mat put away we can also eat at the table again :laughing:

I also cleaned out the fridge, found some odds and ends of vegetables, and made two portions of fried rice and veg for the freezer. Mr Imma takes a dinner from the freezer to work every day. Then made sauerkraut from some potatoes that were growing legs. Not sure if food stashbusting counts, but it’s always a good feeling not to waste something.

4 Likes

Day 4: J

6 Likes

How do you make sauerkraut from potatoes?

2 Likes

My thing for today is a set of cards. Was going to be eight but I had a fight with some paper that didn’t want to play nice… So now I have seven Birthday cards :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

I think that’s a translation mistake! When we say sauerkraut, we always mean a dish of sauerkraut and potatoes. I guess in our cuisine potatoes are so obvious we don’t even mention them. When we say we ate kale we also mean kale mixed with potatoes. Eating veg without potatoes would be unthinkable in the traditional Dutch cuisine.

But it looks like in other countries people eat sauerkraut (the fermented cabbage) by itself! So what I did was mix the cabbage with the potatoes. Now there are only 3 pounds of old potatoes left.

2 Likes

My in-laws always made potatoes with sauerkraut, too! Sometimes it was boiled potatoes, sometimes it was mashed. They ate potatoes with everything!

In my house, of course, the main starch was rice!

And yes, we eat sauerkraut without potatoes, like in a Reuben sandwich or on a hot dog… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah I understand. :grin: I thought there was a world of sauerkraut that I didn’t know about

3 Likes

I thought it might be possible…my dad made a vodka from potatoes!

3 Likes

Your fabrics are wonderfully cheerful!!

2 Likes

You guys…so good!

I did not have 5 spice powder so used equal parts cayenne, cinnamon, and ginger.

9 Likes

That looks so tasty @Abbeeroad!

My thing today was canning 7 jars of oranges in cointreau plus 2 jars of extra syrup. Unfortunately some of them did not seal (I’ve been dealing with this all season, I think lid quality has really declined), so 4 jars will be stored in the freezer… I’m too lazy to reprocess these!

7 Likes

Omg that looks SO tasty!! Did you make a post with the recipe?

Oooh, those look so pretty in the jars! How do you use them once they’re all nice and syrupy?

1 Like