CLOSED - Thing-A-Day February 2024

Little painting session this morning, to make a little postcard-sized pic …

19 Likes

First day of February is Parent-Teacher conference night at my school. Being the Art Teacher means that I do not have any scheduled, but have to be at the school (per contract) in case anyone wants to come and chat. So, I guess theoretically I could work on something…

However, t’s gonna be a late night.

I’m going to try to participate at least part of the month.

8 Likes

Stunning. Did you mask the tree trunks/branches or use white paint or …?

4 Likes

That is gorgeous!!!

3 Likes

I did my thing for the day and that makes me so happy. I can’t show it, because it is for a swap, but I will show the remains in a somewhat artsy way.

13 Likes

Fun teaser!

I finished the ribbing on the leg warmers I’m working on (well, one of them anyway):

17 Likes

I’m hoping to get to my thing-a-day du jour this evening. I should be doing a WiP of socks but will probably do everything but haha

6 Likes

I always try to craft a bit every day. I’m stitching this now, someone here posted this with a link to the pattern on etsy:

It’s also entirely from stash. The green fabric was given to me by a former coworker a long time ago (15 years?) and now it’s finally used.

13 Likes

I have been doing some knitting. A couple of rows at least on the scarf Im working on. And I have done some changes in a ITH-design Im working on, plus done some drawing/sketches for more ITH-designs. But drawing is hard!

12 Likes

This suddenly reminded me when you first started knitting! It seems like you’ve been doing it forever now. Looks good!

5 Likes

I was doing my swatches from the 14-day learn to knit video series during the last Thing-A-Day…in 2021!

5 Likes

I’m gonna try to give this a go.

6 Likes

I always think of doing this and the February sneaks up on me and the first day is gone before I know it. Couldn’t think of any current portable projects I wanted to do for when I had an hour outside the house.
Luckily, we always have to eat, so I’ll count our pasta dish of a day as a craft. I did sort of craft the recipe for it. It was salmon, cream and broccoli pasta, and just salmon and cream for my husband who broccoli disagrees with.
Salmon is brain food, so I hope tomorrow I can get my thoughts organized enough and get some things a day outside of the food section.

10 Likes

Yes! I have definitely counted cooking as crafting some days! Especially if it is a new recipe or something particularly involved. Your salmon pasta sounds amazing.

4 Likes

I have been destashing, doing some every day. Huge progress yesterday, just a little today so far.

Neat part is that I rediscover fabulous supplies; I am putting them aside for sooner (not later!) There is a bunny, dome, and two trees; some fabric that my husband loves for a shirt; some tiny southwestern items for a shrine, a collection of cowboy items and another dome…

7 Likes

I appliquéd the word ‘quilting’ and the glitter heart onto this sweatshirt. Poor Thread Astaire was out of commission for a while, so it was nice to finally spend some quality time together!

15 Likes

Impossible to get a good picture of this. The copper on the sides is metallic watercolor

16 Likes

I frequently craft on the daily, just because that’s how it works out - especially running up to the holidays or during my busy spring birthday season, but I might already be missing a day… ON DAY ONE!

Errands kicked my patootie today. I’m so tired at 4:00! The WIP I have going right now needs me alert, as do the projects next in line.

6 Likes

2/1: Two cards down. These are magazine bits from stash or from cutting down gluebook backgrounds.

10 Likes

Started working on some Valentines for family members.

Yes….doesn’t look like much yet.

12 Likes